New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    which one is better, new patrol or new land cruiser? i know that land cruiser is way better than patrol, but is the land cruiser worth the extra 1.1M? kasi diba yung patrol 1.7M and yung land cruiser 2.8M

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the land cruiser 100 isn't necessarily 'way better' than the patrol. off-road, the patrol (in 4x4 guise) is arguably superior. however, on-road, the LC100 is much more adept due to its powerful engine and independent front suspension.

the LC100 has a 200 hp/317 lb-ft 4.2L turbodiesel, while the patrol has a 155 hp/261 lb-ft 3.0L turbodiesel. both vehicles have similar weights, so you can expect the LC100 to be much more spirited

don't be mislead by the price: kaya lang mas mahal yung LC100 is because of the ridiculous 100% tax on 4wd. the patrol manages to go for a much lower price because it had to be castrated into 4x2 only (however, a conversion back to 4x4 is easy). if both had 4x4 standard, the patrol would also be pushing 2.5M+ probably

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thnaks for the info, but im not really into off roading, pang porma lang, kaya ko kasi naisip yung land cruiser over tha patrol kasi mas "rare" sya compared to other suv's (pajero, patrol, trooper, and expedition).... by the way, whats the diff between the lc100 and the other new lc? are they both availabe here in the phils?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    were you the same person who asked at kotse.com?

anyway, kung porma lang habol mo, siyempre di hamak na mas pogi yung Land Cruiser kesa Patrol, mainly because the LC has this "snob appeal" and is extremely exclusive hehe. nagkalat kasi yung mga bagong Patrol sa daan e... they're almost as common as Expeditions.

The LC100 is the latest one, introduced as an all-new 1999 model. it's the one gloria uses... the one with the huge grille and headlights. yung older model, yung LC80, was new in 1992, this is the more macho looking one and the more common one.

yung LC80 available na lang as a used vehicle... and it would be very difficult to locate one in good condition and one that's original LHD (maraming LC80 na galing subic). Toyota sold a few units of the LC80 here. mas maporma yung new Patrol kesa LC80, imo

yung LC100, sa gray market lang available... at least, Toyota Philippines doesn't officially carry it.

the Patrol is officially carried by the local Nissan network. bargain yung Patrol compared to an LC100... hindi worth an additional 1.1+M yung LC100, mainly because all that is tax and not any added value to the vehicle itself

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in that case maybe Patrol na lang

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    newbee,

Sayang naman 4WD nung Land Cruiser kung pamporma lang. Tignan mo lc80 ni Jan, hari ng off-road sa Pampanga nung last EB namin. Stock pa lang iyon, ha.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep,

alin mas matindi sa off-road, Patrol o LC80? pucha gusto ko na ipabenta yung Venture namin, palitan ng LC80 o patrol :lol:

newbee,

ok yung Patrol! anyway, kung masawa ka na sa porma nito, benta mo nalang sa akin :lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If cost was no object, i'd still get the LC100 (or LC105 :P) over the Patrol. The LandCruiser also holds it's value more then the Patrol. Another thing that adds to the LC's price is that it has a big displacement engine which penalizes it with even more taxes.

TMPI came out with the LC100 BTW, but in limited numbers only. It had the same 160hp engine as the LC80 that they brought in earlier.

For off-roading, i'd go with the LC80. :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt,

Napaka-close match naman iyan. However, may edge ang LC80 kasi available siya with a front, center and rear differential lock. Yung Patrol walang center differential (hence no need for a lock), pero wala ding front diff lock (I think ARB does make them).

Patrol pa din ako (biased ba? hehehehe).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same engine? hindi ba yung updated LC80 engine yung ginamit? yung 200 hp 1HZ-FTE?

sa ibang bansa kasi sa LC105 lang ginamit yung 165 hp LC80 engine e.

grabe nga yung value retention ng Land Cruiser 80! 1997 models still go for 1.2M!! i mean, they were selling for 1.2M back in 1997 (pre-devaluation pesos) right?! :shock:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
(new)patrol or (new)land cruiser