New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I guess they kept it there mainly for cost reasons; I had the same frustration when i had my Frontier. It was good but not fast once the turbo pick-ups came out. Take note that these were engines designed in the 1980s at that and I would choose this over the engines of its era; the problem is its competition already came out with the newer CRDis.

The main "kalaban" of the Urvan Escapade/Shuttle in kalumaan is the L300 VV.
    Mas luma ang L300 Versa Van AFAIK kaysa sa Urvan.

Maganda naman ang Urvan Estate IMHO!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    the urvan estate has an 3.0 EFI diesel engine.. the same as the one in the Patrol.. but they took the turbo out when installed on the estate.. i dont think that engine is that old.. that would be a newer designed engine that my TCI starex..

and sir vinni. if they kept it there for cost reasons,, then why is the urvan series of vans still too expensive..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    the urvan estate has an 3.0 EFI diesel engine.. the same as the one in the Patrol.. but they took the turbo out when installed on the estate.. i dont think that engine is that old.. that would be a newer designed engine that my TCI starex..

and sir vinni. if they kept it there for cost reasons, then why is the urvan series of vans still too expensive..
    I think the Escapade is a little less than 1M IMO. Perhaps its just really the cost of manufacturing cars nowadays... mahal na talaga sasakyan. The Urvan is a Japan market parts bin sourced vehicle and that has a cost disadvantage over the Toyotas which source its parts from Thailand.

Check out the Hiace Commuter and you'll also get a vehicle that is overpriced with its features. 1.2M and it comes with hub caps, stiff bench seats with no adjustments, no power windows, bare-panel interior, etc.

The cheapest Jap van on the market today is probably the L300... 700K or 800K+ me thinks.
    Last edited by vinj; January 27th, 2010 at 06:05 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    i couldn't agree more to this statement

i always complain about its design too every time i ride the GT express shuttle around alabang area. it looks too damn old at parang 2nd hand na binenta for the price of a brand new. just my 2 cents kahit yung commercial/advertising nila before ng ur van urvan yata yun, napapa "dude!?" ako
    I think its just priced right. First of all its only a million 29 thousand for the thing na nasasakyan GT express. it is built tough kasi nga workhorse yan. byahe ka ng 100KM a day laspag lang starex pag ganyan pero urvan shuttle sisiw. for family use urvan estate (its a different body from the 15-18 seater na nakasanayan sa shuttle) is priced at 1.3 which is way cheaper than the toyota grandia (di yung super grandia ha 1.8M yun) which is at 1.5 M. starex is at 1.4-1.5 so its priced competitively.

NINYO
    TEAM NISSAN

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I think the Escapade is a little less than 1M IMO. Perhaps its just really the cost of manufacturing cars nowadays... mahal na talaga sasakyan. The Urvan is a Japan market parts bin sourced vehicle and that has a cost disadvantage over the Toyotas which source its parts from Thailand.

Check out the Hiace Commuter and you'll also get a vehicle that is overpriced with its features. 1.2M and it comes with hub caps, stiff bench seats with no adjustments, no power windows, bare-panel interior, etc.

The cheapest Jap van on the market today is probably the L300... 700K or 800K+ me thinks.
    Actually nasa 900K narin ang L300 VV which is very pricey for a 28 year old van. Nasira na yata ang bait ng MMPC..

Okay naman ang pricing ng Urvan lalo na yung sa Estate.Mas okay pa nga yung locally made ng Urvan Estate kaysa dun sa mga unang batch ng Urvan Estate na mahal na eh bouncy pa nang ride nya.. AFAIK ang pinakamurang Urvan ay yung 21 Seater na nasa 950K lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dang... mahal na nga lang talaga vehicles ngayon. Must be the cost of steel.

I remember my folks bought our Vanette back in 1993 for 420K. :P

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by njgarin View Post
    I think its just priced right. First of all its only a million 29 thousand for the thing na nasasakyan GT express.
    Malaki ang 1,029,000. Di biro iyan.

it is built tough kasi nga workhorse yan. byahe ka ng 100KM a day laspag lang starex pag ganyan pero urvan shuttle sisiw.
    So that's why I see old starexes still running smoothly ?

for family use urvan estate (its a different body from the 15-18 seater na nakasanayan sa shuttle) is priced at 1.3 which is way cheaper than the toyota grandia (di yung super grandia ha 1.8M yun) which is at 1.5 M. starex is at 1.4-1.5 so its priced competitively.

Cheapest starex is priced at 1.253m only. Cheaper than your Urvan, but the design is way way newer.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    well i dont want to compare my starex with the urvans durability... but my starex is 8 years old.. has travelled to mindanao 5 round trips, 4 of those when the roads in Samar was the worst,,, and still its still alive.

and i think all urvans are the same.. except for the seating arrangments.. the urvan estate is different one..

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    I think its just priced right. First of all its only a million 29 thousand for the thing na nasasakyan GT express. it is built tough kasi nga workhorse yan. byahe ka ng 100KM a day laspag lang starex pag ganyan pero urvan shuttle sisiw. for family use urvan estate (its a different body from the 15-18 seater na nakasanayan sa shuttle) is priced at 1.3 which is way cheaper than the toyota grandia (di yung super grandia ha 1.8M yun) which is at 1.5 M. starex is at 1.4-1.5 so its priced competitively.

NINYO
    TEAM NISSAN

whats the advantage of URBAN ESTATE top of the line compare sa super Grandia top of the line of Toyota?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    Ok naman ang Nissan Escapade kaso malayo masyado yung stereo niya sa passenger side.Parang pinagdadamot yung stereo sa passenger.hehe.Lakas pa ng aircon.Wala pa kami naeencounter na problema.
    Meron lang din ako napansin sa van namin.Kapag hindi pantay yung road meron parang sumasayad sa Nissan Urvan namin.For example dumaan kami dun sa Expansion sa ATC paakyat siya at mag turn left meron magbabanggaan na bakal.Normal ba yun?Ganun ba talaga?
    normal lng yn tol. kpag nag u-turn ka tapos medyo uphil. mapapansin mo rin un.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
New Nissan Urvan?