New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Ok naman ang Nissan Escapade kaso malayo masyado yung stereo niya sa passenger side.Parang pinagdadamot yung stereo sa passenger.hehe.Lakas pa ng aircon.Wala pa kami naeencounter na problema.
    Meron lang din ako napansin sa van namin.Kapag hindi pantay yung road meron parang sumasayad sa Nissan Urvan namin.For example dumaan kami dun sa Expansion sa ATC paakyat siya at mag turn left meron magbabanggaan na bakal.Normal ba yun?Ganun ba talaga?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    NISSAN URVAN one of the durable and realiable van today. ang urvan isang pang negosyo o commercial fleet for filipinos. urvan ang maasaang van ngayon

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Meron ba kayong alam na nagbebenta ng surplus ecu for the urvan estate? P44k kasi sa casa.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    marami pala model ang urvan na van... kala ko the name itself is the model...
    looking for nissan urvan kaya napadpad me dito.. was also doing some queries on kia besta but the other thread is a big help.. ngayon urvan naman....

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    i like the urvan.. but with 12 people on board.. it is just too underpowered.. our school has had two urvan engines die on us. because the water pump blades wore out.. na wala ang impeller.. kaya the water didnt circulate anymore.. we changed the engine nalang to a 3.2 surplus engine from japan.. grabe talaga ang difference sa power.. with a full load of 15, starting from standstill is like walang naka sakay.. kaya lang when you reach 90-100kmph,, the engine is screaming na..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by napadpad_lang View Post
    marami pala model ang urvan na van... kala ko the name itself is the model...
    looking for nissan urvan kaya napadpad me dito.. was also doing some queries on kia besta but the other thread is a big help.. ngayon urvan naman....
    Sir im from Nissan Westgate. Txt / email me your details para we can talk about the urvan.

NINYO
    TEAM NISSAN

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    i like the urvan.. but with 12 people on board.. it is just too underpowered.. our school has had two urvan engines die on us. because the water pump blades wore out.. na wala ang impeller.. kaya the water didnt circulate anymore.. we changed the engine nalang to a 3.2 surplus engine from japan.. grabe talaga ang difference sa power.. with a full load of 15, starting from standstill is like walang naka sakay.. kaya lang when you reach 90-100kmph,, the engine is screaming na..
    Could the water pump issue be more of a maintainance concern (i.e. the pump was not checked when it was due for servicing or replacement)? At what mileage did this occur? Normally water pumps are replaced at the same time the timing belt is however since the TD27 runs a timing chain, it doesnt need replacement so the waterpump can be overlooked.

The engine screaming at 90-100kph? Was the tranny and differential replaced also or is it still using the old ones? It may have mismatched gearings with the 3.2L engine powerband.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    ya maybe the water pump failing was a maintainance inssue,, that urvan was less than 8 years old thought and in my experiences of dealing with engines, ive never seen an impeller of the water pump just rust out that it actually just lost its blades... most impellers i have seen are stainless steel.. i could be wrong thought..

the engine was the only thing that was replaced.. but even with the original 2.7 i still think its gearing is really low, i guess thats to compensate for the low power.the engine came with an automatic tranny... so that was not installed..

i guess the reaons that i have this observations is that my daily drive is a starex TCI, so when driving the urvan now and again, the power difference is really noticable..

i dont mean to downplay the urvan. but i just dont like why nissan hasnt up graded their engines with a turbo.. even the estate is not turbo charged.. i know in other markets the urvan has a turbo charge engine.. and you can get surplus 2.7 and 3.2 with turbos.. imagine the power in that..

another thing about nissan, is their prices for their vans.. ang mahal for the specs it has..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    another thing about nissan, is their prices for their vans.. ang mahal for the specs it has..
    i couldn't agree more to this statement

i always complain about its design too every time i ride the GT express shuttle around alabang area. it looks too damn old at parang 2nd hand na binenta for the price of a brand new. just my 2 cents kahit yung commercial/advertising nila before ng ur van urvan yata yun, napapa "dude!?" ako

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont mean to downplay the urvan. but i just dont like why nissan hasnt up graded their engines with a turbo.. even the estate is not turbo charged.. i know in other markets the urvan has a turbo charge engine.. and you can get surplus 2.7 and 3.2 with turbos.. imagine the power in that
    I guess they kept it there mainly for cost reasons; I had the same frustration when i had my Frontier. It was good but not fast once the turbo pick-ups came out. Take note that these were engines designed in the 1980s at that and I would choose this over the engines of its era; the problem is its competition already came out with the newer CRDis.

The main "kalaban" of the Urvan Escapade/Shuttle in kalumaan is the L300 VV.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
New Nissan Urvan?