New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 95 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Looking at buying a new SUV this year and the terra or the fortuner are my only 2 choices. I have a 12 year old fortuner who has never failed me, that is why I am attracted to the fortuner again. I am considering the terra para maiba naman.

My questions, ano ba ang madalas nasisira sa Nissan Navarra? I presume the Terra is so new na wala pang reliability report sa terra? or meron nang mga nagfail dito?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Looking at buying a new SUV this year and the terra or the fortuner are my only 2 choices. I have a 12 year old fortuner who has never failed me, that is why I am attracted to the fortuner again. I am considering the terra para maiba naman.

My questions, ano ba ang madalas nasisira sa Nissan Navarra? I presume the Terra is so new na wala pang reliability report sa terra? or meron nang mga nagfail dito?
    Bulok specs ng Fortuner unless yung 4x4 kukunin mo.

Terra is the way to go, no brainer choice.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Bulok specs ng Fortuner unless yung 4x4 kukunin mo.

Terra is the way to go, no brainer choice.

ouch no offense to all fortuner owners sometimes there are people like this

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strange View Post
    ouch no offense to all fortuner owners sometimes there are people like this
    Its true though. “Bulok” talaga specs ng fortuner compared to others. But supposedly its not all about specs... may iba nagsasabi the fortuner is better because of “Toyota reliability”...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Its true though. “Bulok” talaga specs ng fortuner compared to others. But supposedly its not all about specs... may iba nagsasabi the fortuner is better because of “Toyota reliability”...

"toyota reliabilty"

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Toyota has done its job of making reliable vehicles before and it banked on its name to market their products. However, it is not an excuse to sell lower-spec'd vehicles just because you have a name to back you up. I do understand such an approach as companies, like Toyota, are out there to make money and keeping sales high is good for business.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Toyota has done its job of making reliable vehicles before and it banked on its name to market their products. However, it is not an excuse to sell lower-spec'd vehicles just because you have a name to back you up. I do understand such an approach as companies, like Toyota, are out there to make money and keeping sales high is good for business.

will you buy higher specs vehicle but unreliable compare to "lower specs" vehicle which is reliable? easily for us to say but these owners brought their fortuner because they already tested it. Nissan is a good company but all of these depends on buyers preferences.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strange View Post
    will you buy higher specs vehicle but unreliable compare to "lower specs" vehicle which is reliable? easily for us to say but these owners brought their fortuner because they already tested it. Nissan is a good company but all of these depends on buyers preferences.
    What I meant was there is no reason why Toyota could not offer more? There is no question now that Toyota is offering higher prices than its competitors. They could just squash the competition by offering a better product and pair it with its marketed reliability.

Test drive? Rarely can you go to a Toyota dealer and get a free test drive. It is a common fact that Pinoys have brand affinity of some sorts to the usual products in the market. These affinity extends to the choice of vehicles. I doubt that half of car buyers do test drive their choices before bringing home one.

I don't have a Fort nor a Terra as my preference is not in line with these utility vehicles. I do remember less informed folks asking me why I bought a Forester XT when I could have bought a Fortuner. Hello? Duhh?? RAV4 puwede pa.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    What I meant was there is no reason why Toyota could not offer more? There is no question now that Toyota is offering higher prices than its competitors. They could just squash the competition by offering a better product and pair it with its marketed reliability.

Test drive? Rarely can you go to a Toyota dealer and get a free test drive. It is a common fact that Pinoys have brand affinity of some sorts to the usual products in the market. These affinity extends to the choice of vehicles. I doubt that half of car buyers do test drive their choices before bringing home one.

I don't have a Fort nor a Terra as my preference is not in line with these utility vehicles. I do remember less informed folks asking me why I bought a Forester XT when I could have bought a Fortuner. Hello? Duhh?? RAV4 puwede pa.

haha got your point there

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Almost all car brands now have good reliability compared to years before, even Korean cars have gotten way better so everyone is almost in the same playing field. Specs and features are the new battleground now. But sometimes, lower specced cars are good if you have a dedicated driver or don't personally drive the vehicle since the driver won't be maximizing the features.

For Terra reliability, it's too early for me to tell but so far no major issues in my 2k km mileage. The minor issue I have that was fixed again is the microphone of the head unit. Will observe again if the issue comes back. Next time Nissan can try Kenwood instead of Blaupunkt.