New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1449
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I still like the front end of the Fort better. The new engine too. Not sure if the ride of the facelifted Fort is as good as the Terra but if not, it can be fixed naman. Others have installed aftermarket springs and shocks.

The one thing the Fort can't match with the Terra is cabin space. Terra is wider and has a lot more legroom across all rows and boot space. Never found myself wanting for extra space even on those long family trips.

I do wish it had rear disc brakes but it's not a dealbreaker for me. I don't do the maintenance myself naman and the brakes have good bite and are progressive.

The 2 things I really want them to improve are the steering and engine tuning. The steering is a bit slow and heavy at slow speeds but too light naman at 140 kph and up.

The engine is gruff as you mentioned, and does get louder as revs rise. Shame as the older YD25 had a much better engine note that almost sounds like a gas engine.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; March 2nd, 2021 at 07:58 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_46n2 View Post
    Are you planning on getting 4x4 SUV or just 4x2?

The advantage of the 4x2 Terra VL vs competition is the Brake-Limited slip differential in case you get one of the rear tires stuck in mud or not having traction. Brakes are applied to the wheel with no traction so the differential can rotate the wheel with traction.

Happened to me 3 times already, and each time I wished I had 4wheel drive. There is a technique using handbrake to load the wheel with no traction. One reason why I wont go with 4x2 Montero since its got electronic parking brake.

Also the 2.5L is less complicated than the 2.3L bi-turbo (less parts to break), and 190hp/450Nm for 2.5L liter engine is strong enough. And I really wouldn't wish for Euro5 diesel specs, try searching for DPF issues, it is an essential component to be able to comply with Euro5 Standards.

One equipment downside for the Terra is the lack of disc brakes at the rear.
    4x2 lang if ever pero sayang nga, di pa din nila inupgrade to disc brake ang rear. Sulit in the long run sana yun kaso wala padin kaya tiis muna. Mejo plain ang interior kumpara sa iba pero tanggap ko na yun, unlike sa mux na sobrang halata. And buti ginawa nang standard ang spoiler sa higher variants. Ang kalbo tingnan ng suv sa likod pag walang spoiler eh. Back in the day gusto ko na ng terra at ganun parin naman until now pero syempre, hindi magpapaiwan ang competition. Ayoko lang magsisi bandang huli na eto o iba nalang dapat ang kinuha ko, ganun.

Pero if ever terra talaga kukunin, maganda upgrade kagad ang tires at mags nito. Di ko lang maintindihan kung baket siya ginawang pcd114 ng nissan, hindi kagaya sa competition na usual pcd139 ang sukat. Magagawan naman ng paraan. At in case na di pa alam ng iba, iba narin ang hu niya. Hindi na yung dating blaupunkt na 7", at least sa ve at vl na variants. Narinig ko lang na may issue sa bagong hu; namamatay yung screen pag matagal siyang nababad sa inet ng araw.

Wala ring eco at power mode pero ayos lang. Btw, how does it compare to a cheaper alternative, say an innova 2.8 e or g a/t in terms of nvh, power, ride/comfort, handling, transmission, fuel consumption and to a lesser extent, space? Isasama rin kasi sa choices in case may go signal na kay erpat.

Tia sa inputs. Malaki laki ang discounts ngayon dala ng pandemic siguro rofl.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I almost forgot that the model has steering issues. Has nissan remedied this one already? If not, medyo turn off yun para samin, kahit na may shop na pwedeng mag-address dun.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Just got my VL 4x4. Nakaka lito yung 4wd system niya. Sa reviews you can shift daw from 2H to 4H upto 100kmh pero yung 4H ng Nissan is only for off road use and not high way use like sa Mitsubishi system na you can shift to 4wd high pag maulan sa highway.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Just got my VL 4x4. Nakaka lito yung 4wd system niya. Sa reviews you can shift daw from 2H to 4H upto 100kmh pero yung 4H ng Nissan is only for off road use and not high way use like sa Mitsubishi system na you can shift to 4wd high pag maulan sa highway.
    The reviews are referring to the shift on the fly system where we can shift into/out of 4wd while moving so you can shift into 4wd when needed(e.g. entering an unpaved section) but go back into 2wd pag aspaltado na uli ang daan without having to completely stop.

Ung sa mitsubishi naman meron silang center differential na nagaallow na magkaiba ng bilis ng ikot ung harap at likod na gulong kaya nde sya mapwepwesa kahit na gamitin sa highway.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    I almost forgot that the model has steering issues. Has nissan remedied this one already? If not, medyo turn off yun para samin, kahit na may shop na pwedeng mag-address dun.
    Yung akin gagawin na dapat ng casa but I postponed it muna because of covid since we have a high risk person at home. May bangga din ako na di ko na lang pinagawa for the same reason. Hintayin ko na lang na ma-rear end ulit.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Hi all. We just got our Terra EL less than 3 weeks ago. The experience is great coming from a sedan na mahina humatak. Ang sarap sa uphill. First time automatic transmission user din, laki pala ng difference sa pagod compared to manual.

My only complaint is may rattling yung driver side door kapag above 10 yung volume. Anyone else experienced the same? Kapag dinidiinan naman yung door nawawala yung rattling sound. May maluwag lang kaya? Any advice? Ipapacheck ko na din sa 1000 km PMS. Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hegaton View Post
    Hi all. We just got our Terra EL less than 3 weeks ago. The experience is great coming from a sedan na mahina humatak. Ang sarap sa uphill. First time automatic transmission user din, laki pala ng difference sa pagod compared to manual.

My only complaint is may rattling yung driver side door kapag above 10 yung volume. Anyone else experienced the same? Kapag dinidiinan naman yung door nawawala yung rattling sound. May maluwag lang kaya? Any advice? Ipapacheck ko na din sa 1000 km PMS. Thanks all.

!!! congratulations on your new acquisition ride.

it's either the speaker itself, or its mounting.
    complain about it, before the warranty expires.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    !!! congratulations on your new acquisition ride.

it's either the speaker itself, or its mounting.
    complain about it, before the warranty expires.
    Thanks doc. Nakapagupgrade din ang fam namin after 18 years.

Adding more info for future potential owners ng Terra on why we picked Terra over other SUVs.

Unang una is yung space, considering from sedan kami and we've grown since. Masikip na masyado sedan. Then yung power nya over other base model from competitors + ride comfort (suspension and ac). Pagdating sa looks mas type namin si Terra kasi machi looking. Interior is fine, pero could be improved sabi nga ng iba. Third is, Terra yung naging choice ng dad ko talaga. Finally is Nissan has been reliable to us. Nissan Exalta N16 yung sedan namin and it's still working well after 18 years. Alaga lang sa maintenance. Though medyo parang malakas na sa FC.

Hopefully Terra will serve us well din. Stay safe all and drive safe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My previous car also a Nissan. Pag Nissan, must follow maintenance schedule and need alaga and it will serve you well. Nissan is designed by engineers, kaya hindi gaano ma porma and since designed by engineers, must follow PMS to the letter kasi designed yan as per PMS schedule. Unlike Toyota and other reliable brands, they are overdesigned kaya kahit hindi ka mag follow sa PMS, okay pa din.