New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Good day sirs, need your help regarding my exalta's leaking sunroof.. Can you please guide me on where i can have it fixed? I already called nissan mantrade and was told that i have to leave the car and wait for about 2 - 3 days. You guys might know a shop that could help me.

Thanks a lot guys and more power!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by steadysouth View Post
    Good day sirs, need your help regarding my exalta's leaking sunroof.. Can you please guide me on where i can have it fixed? I already called nissan mantrade and was told that i have to leave the car and wait for about 2 - 3 days. You guys might know a shop that could help me.

Thanks a lot guys and more power!
    I have no particular shop in mind but if you know a shop would know to check the drain path of the sunroof, have them check that. It might be clogged due to debris or dried leaves. Another probable cause could be a worn out sunroof rubber seals (if ever, the first I've heard for such a model)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    yup. just check the drain path. i was able to fix mine last week when i removed some dirt that blocked that drain path

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the reply guys really appreciate it...I cleaned the drain path this morning and try to see if it works..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    That is a common problem with sunroofs. Tama sila, baka may bara lang sa drain. However, if that cleaning the drain fails, baka sa rubber housing na nito. The sun's heat can really stress the rubber, lumulutong.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    cleaned the drain path and still theres leak...I think its the weatherstrip na siguro.. Baka you guys know where i can have it fixed.. thanks again

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have u tried applying silicon sealant? It's just 100 bucks per tube. You'll probably consume only 1/4-1/3 of the tube. The caulking gun should be around 100 pesos+

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    is this common to all exalta with sunroof? We are planning to purchase this model soon... or the newer model of sentra is better?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Subukan mong dalin sa Aguila Glass windshield shop mas kabisado nila ito . Marami silang mga rubber para sa sunroof . at kaya nilang gawin para mawala ang leak.

Need Your help on leaking sunroof exalta