New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Stick to the GS for more hp/tq. GX gearing is too tall even for a m/t. but i was able to squeeze 10km/l on my '07 gx before. or get a 180GT baka same lang price sa gs or gsx.

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Can anyone with a Sentra GS share their actual FC. Kindly include other (traffic condition, load, driving style, etc). Thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if you need a car that will drive you from point A to B, then the N16 Sentra is a very good car.

it wont break down, it wont overheat. i have a 2007 1.3 GX with 500,000 kms (yes....half a million kilometers), it still runs well, and the engine and a/c hasnt broken down. maintain it, and it will serve you well.

the only problem is the "caliper bolts" but thats a cheap fix. bushings wont need replacing until you reach 100,000+kms, and parts are plenty and cheap.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am puzzled.. who is spreading the rumor that 1.3 liter cars have no right to be driven on long drives?
    and how did the celerios, altos, and picantos that are seen in baguio, get there?
    nag bu-bus daw yung mga yan... joke lang po sir... he.he...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also used to own a 2001 Grandeur 1.6L

Pros:
    - Good power (my only mods were a K&N filter and 195/55R15 aftermarket rims)
    - Very smooth engine
    - Stable and comfy on the highway

Cons:
    - Soft suspension which bottoms out easily (i countered this by adding gas shocks, problem solved)
    - A/C does not stay on "recirculation mode" so if you're not familiar with the car to check the mode when you start up, you end up driving around inhaling the outside fumes.
    - Some electric stuff isn't as sturdy as the old Nissans from the 90s. Particularly the door lock actuators (mabilis masira if someone routinely opens the door handle while you're still unlocking the doors with the power lock switch), and power antenna.
    - MAF sensor need to be cleaned routinely during PMS to keep performance and consumption in the zone (quite easy to do and isn't a deal breaker). for those N16s with the QG engine where the MAF sensor cleaning was neglected, you'll notice loss of power at over 4000rpm and some detonation even with high octane fuel. Once you clean it, all is good.

Go for the 1.6L models.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am puzzled.. who is spreading the rumor that 1.3 liter cars have no right to be driven on long drives?
    and how did the celerios, altos, and picantos that are seen in baguio, get there?
    People who can't properly drive perhaps? Yung mga tipong alam lang is straight line power (floor it and go).

Kahit nga Multi Cab ng QC government, nakita ko sa Baguio. :D

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post
    i have a 2007 1.3 GX with 500,000 kms (yes....half a million kilometers), it still runs well, and the engine and a/c hasnt broken down. maintain it, and it will serve you well.
    Nice to know sir. Magaling ka siguro mag-alaga. Galing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12