New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    in my experience, huminto dati yung 4d56 na newly overhauled ko after about 30 minutes on the 1st start after putting the engine back together. the reason wasn't overfueling, but oil starvation (patay! pag tanggal nung top rocker cover tuyong tuyo!).

how's the temp? steady ba? hows the idling? choppy? try loading more fuel, and don't run it at idle so you can break it in. it's a bad idea, because the gas goes nowhere and washes down the bores, preventing the rings from sealing. where do you think all that gas goes to? it's not all going to the compression/ignition process, thats for sure.

your spark plugs turning black is a sign of too much fuel, too little air. either that or its oil fouling the tips. try adjusting the idle mixture until the exhaust doesn't smell like petrol. if its oil fouling you are in for some more bad news, sir.

my top 4 things to check:

1. air/fuel mixture (yes even EFIs have the screw adjuster thingy)
    2. gas blowby (see if there's excessive vapor from the oil filler cap while engine is running)
    3. timing
    4. leaks in the fuel line to the fuel pump (baka maluwag nung kinabit)

sir steady naman po ang temp but the idle kusa siya tumataas baba.. Hindi stable ang minor niya..

Sir saan ko makikita yung idle mixture?

Yung EFI ba dun pumapasok yung hangin? Kasi my kinalikot yung mikaniko doon after noon hindi na ngstable yung idle niya..

Salamat sir..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    uh, EFI is a system.

i suggest you drive na lang to the nearest gas station, put 500 in the tank and be done with it. that should last you 8 hours of idle time.

check the vacuum hoses, baka may nahugot. check also the idle up switch/solenoid.

bakit hindi mapa-tino ng mechanico mo yan? he should give that to you idling and running perfectly. pag hindi nya kinaya dalhin mo na lang sa casa, wag mo na sabihin na pinaoverhaul mo. kamo na lang may problema yata sa idle. hindi tayo matatapos kung lecture ka namin sa workings ng engine mo while at the same time tinotroubleshoot yung problema based on your descriptions.

kung ako yan sinapak ko na yung mekaniko. simpleng idle hindi maayos, after ibinaba yung makina, sus... at ikaw pa namomroblema ngayon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need help with my ex saloon [drinks gasoline]