New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Our Nissan Sentra (wihch is basically a sedan California) is still alive and kicking. 12 valve and is very efficient. If you want to pursue it, by all means. Its nice to see old school cars going strong nowadays IMHO.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Gaya ng kay Mazinger Z, our Nissan California 1.6L 12V is also very much alive and still reliable.
    Sa parts naman maraming available dyan. Gusto ko yung spaciousness nya sa likod, marami kaming nailalagay.

HTH.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    sir mas ok ang B13 pero kung talagang ang puso mo ay nasa nissan california go for it but dont forget restoring an old car is expensive but low budget on maintenance and i think medyo mahirap na rin makahanap ng parts....

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    me nakita dad ko nissan california on the same place we bought our isuzu MU.. and it's only 48,000 pesos.. kung kukunin nya ito, siguro most of the time ako daw gagamit. the funny thing is it's older than me pero i guess ok na yon as long it has an engine and four wheels (takumi kuno hahaha)

what do you guys think? *48k, it's better than a motorcycle (in terms of safety)

sabi ng mekaniko kanina (pinuntahan daw nila. di ko pa nakita school kasi) ok daw yung makina although di ko sure anong makina yon, ung 1.4 ba yun? ok daw ung paint except for some bubbles at the roof..

(*TS sorry for hijacking your thread, it just happened that i had the same query as yours. )
    Last edited by JJCarEnthusiast; August 16th, 2010 at 11:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post
    Better consider B13 series, 1992-1995 models, ECCS variants. They have better engines, good underchassis, and more parts available in the market.
    Sir I made some research dito sa tsikot on b13's and after reading some threads nagbago na isip ko i want the sentra ss na. sabi nila mas maganda daw yung facelifted na SS lumabas ng 93 tsaka yung SE saloon. ask ko lang how much ba presyuhan ng b13 SS ngayun? sabi nila matipid daw sa gas, pero yung mga thread na nabasa ko 2006 pa. possible ba makakuha ako ng b13 SS sa 70K? medyo low budget kasi ako eh. naghahanap ako ngayun ng 1992 or 1993 SS ok pa ba tong mga ganito?thanks po and sa mga nagbigay ng suggestions salamat po

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hello sir,
    I currently own a 1988 California. My car has the e15 1.5 liter 12 valve engine. I have brought my car to Abra twice with full of passengers and baggage, so much that the the rear tires scrub off the fenders on some bumps.

The stock California has adequate performance, not that fast compared to newer cars but still gives excellent mileage.

getting this car is still somehow practical, as long as the car is well aken cared off. Have a mechanic check the condition of the engine, check the body for rust, and the suspension and steering for parts that may need to be replaced.

The parts that are hard to find are the rear hatch assembly and rear interior trim. For your budget, try to find a california or sedan, preferably all-manual, in a good condition rather than try to fit your budget in a b13. B13s are good, but something is fishy if a b13 is being sold for 70k.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Ang pang araw-araw [reliable pa] ko na car is my Nissan California '88. Halos lahat ng parts napapalitan ko na. Kailangan pa ayusing ang konting kalampag but it is still running well and now with new 15" mags and a new coat of maroon paint. Cannot let go of the car kasi I believe swerte sa akin yun [at babaratin lang pati pag binenta]. Marami pang parts sa Banawe. I guess I will take care of my Nissan California hanggang maubos ang spare parts sa Banawe.

Nino

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I owned both cars before. Pareho sila reliable. Depende na lang sa budget at kung ano talaga gusto mo. Mas maraming cons sa california because of its age and parts availability pero kung maayos pa yung auto it will still serve you well. Regarding sa engine na sinabi mo, siguro yan yung JDM ga15 carb. Ganyan yung makina na pinalit ko dati sa california ko. Malakas at matipid yang makina na yan. Sa budget mo na 70k swak yan sa california may sukli kapa. Meron ka rin matyempuhan na B13 na 70k pero malamang may mga pagawain. Its your call bro. You cant go wrong with both cars basta check mo lang mabuti...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Hi mga sirs! New nere sa Tsikot.com. I don't even know how to drive yet pero balak ko na rin kumuha ng car (used) and at first look sa mga pics, I instantly fell in love with a Nissan California! Planning to buy a 1991 model (used) so I'm getting as much as info as I can about the performance of this car. Kamusta na po ba ang topic na ito? Hihi, penge rin po ng helpful advice mga sir! ^_^v

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
need advise regarding nissan California