New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so, are you reviving the car to run on its own to the shop, or are you piggy backing it onto a tow truck?
    just saw this part of your reply now hehehe...

im planning to tow it back home in paranaque because the unit is in pasay, then i will revive it to bring it to the shop for changing the tires, shocks, and body repair...

im trying to save money on labor, so the things na ipapagawa ko in the shop are the ones i cant do without special tools...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    just an update, finally nauwi ko na siya.

i was able to completely free the engine, ang ginawa ko binabad ko in a mix of kerosene and atf (i researched online about it) and with a few clicks of the starter umikot na!

and i tried everything to remove the oil filter improvise tools, and poking it with a screwdriver to no avail... i really dont want to buy an oil filter tool, does anyone have any more advice on removing it?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    also, a bit OT but i have another question: when i was looking at the instrument panel wala ako nakita tachometer. wala ba talaga tachometer ang sentra? or hindi stock ang instrument cluster ko?

by the way super saloon ang trim level ng sentra ko. or was it super saloon SE...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    also, a bit OT but i have another question: when i was looking at the instrument panel wala ako nakita tachometer. wala ba talaga tachometer ang sentra? or hindi stock ang instrument cluster ko?

by the way super saloon ang trim level ng sentra ko. or was it super saloon SE...

my base model 97 ex had none. the same-year super saloon had.
    so what do you really have, kaya?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just an update, finally nauwi ko na siya.

i was able to completely free the engine, ang ginawa ko binabad ko in a mix of kerosene and atf (i researched online about it) and with a few clicks of the starter umikot na!

and i tried everything to remove the oil filter improvise tools, and poking it with a screwdriver to no avail... i really dont want to buy an oil filter tool, does anyone have any more advice on removing it?

tuhugin na nyo ng screwdriver. make it a longer screwdriver, so's you will have more torque on it. but plan your tuhog well, para wala kayong matatamaan kapag i-ikutin na.
    or, baka nanigas na ang seal. try wd-40.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    my base model 97 ex had none. the same-year super saloon had.
    so what do you really have, kaya?
    i dont think its an ex saloon, but the ex saloon is a 1.4 fuel injected right? and does it have power windows?

more details about the car: it has power steering, power windows, power mirrors, auto retract mirrors, keyless entry, and the ga16dne 1.6 engine...

i know the models are:
    FE (carbureted, came out late 1997 i think)
    EX saloon (1.4 EFI, 1995-?)
    Super Saloon (1.6, 1995-?)
    Super Saloon SE (1.6, 1995-?)
    Super Touring (1.6, 1997-? with nissan lucino style bumpers, unlikely that i have this model)
    GTS (1.6, 1998 i think-? unlikely that i have this, my sentra doesnt look "GT" to me)

it has to be either a super saloon or super saloon se...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    tuhugin na nyo ng screwdriver. make it a longer screwdriver, so's you will have more torque on it. but plan your tuhog well, para wala kayong matatamaan kapag i-ikutin na.
    or, baka nanigas na ang seal. try wd-40.
    tinuhog ko na po ng screwdriver... ala talaga. its too hard, i already sprayed wd-40 and pinainit ko pa with a torch it really doesnt want to budge...

maybe i really need the tool na ikakabit mo sa breaker bar or something para madami talaga ako torque...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Maybe you are turning it the wrong way.

To loosen, turn it counter clock-wise.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Maybe you are turning it the wrong way.

To loosen, turn it counter clock-wise.
    yes, i am turning counter clockwise.

is it the threads or the gasket thats making that oil filter so tight?
    maybe i could use a propane torch to burn the gasket off?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes, i am turning counter clockwise.

is it the threads or the gasket thats making that oil filter so tight?
    maybe i could use a propane torch to burn the gasket off?

both, po.
    i would have suggested an open flame, but it might warp the metal. and besides, it's not iron. it's an aluminum alloy of some sort. baka matunaw, literally, or mag-roman candle.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast