New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Hi. I just joined a few minutes ago but I have been reading the forums here and they are really very informative.
    I am planning to get a second hand Nissan sedan a month from now and I am trying to learn all I can on what to expect on maintenance costs for a second hand unit. I'm a slightly newbie driver and I have my eyes set on the exalta or the sentra s3, early 2000 models. Definitely automatic transmission because this is mainly for city driving to and from work and traffic in Makati is crappy. I need advise on how much I need to budget for the initial maintenance (once i get the unit) and monthly maintenance costs for the car.

From what I have read here, members seem to be very helpful, so I hope somebody can help me out.

Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i suggest you get the latest model that your money can buy. nissan sentra is a decent car. i used to own a b13. bought it second hand and I had a fair share of head aches. but once all the trouble is fixed, it was a good daily driver.

a good conditioned exalta sta would cost you around 220K. there's no such thing as "nothing to fix" when it comes to second hand cars. expect to spend around 30K within the first 6 months of acquisition for repairs and such. hth.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun25 View Post
    i suggest you get the latest model that your money can buy. nissan sentra is a decent car. i used to own a b13. bought it second hand and I had a fair share of head aches. but once all the trouble is fixed, it was a good daily driver.

a good conditioned exalta sta would cost you around 220K. there's no such thing as "nothing to fix" when it comes to second hand cars. expect to spend around 30K within the first 6 months of acquisition for repairs and such. hth.
    Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    gas (monthly) and regular pms(change oil, filters and atf) lang kailangan mo.
    Initial expense may include repair of some parts under the car, new tires and tune up if you want to have all the oils and filters changed as soon as you get the car around 20k siguro worst na ito.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    gas (monthly) and regular pms(change oil, filters and atf) lang kailangan mo.
    Initial expense may include repair of some parts under the car, new tires and tune up if you want to have all the oils and filters changed as soon as you get the car around 20k siguro worst na ito.
    Ah I see. Ok, sige. Isasama ko na sa budget yan. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    really nice advises. applies to all second hand cars, i think..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Between the STA and Super Saloon S4 98 to 2001 model i'd go for the SS S4. Pamangkin ko have both of these cars. Mas madali maintain yun S.Saloon sa interior. There are lots of interior parts na surplus. Yun STA nila walang mabiling interior parts.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Between the STA and Super Saloon S4 98 to 2001 model i'd go for the SS S4. Pamangkin ko have both of these cars. Mas madali maintain yun S.Saloon sa interior. There are lots of interior parts na surplus. Yun STA nila walang mabiling interior parts.
    The B14 Super Saloon still uses the Japan market parts. The Exalta STA uses the Taiwan/Yulon parts. Overall, mas matibay yung mga pre-Yulon Nissans.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    The B14 Super Saloon still uses the Japan market parts. The Exalta STA uses the Taiwan/Yulon parts. Overall, mas matibay yung mga pre-Yulon Nissans.

Need advice on average monthly maintenance cost of a second hand Nissan