New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Mga paps planning to buy a second hand mags ano ba dapat tingnan ko? age? ano paba? tsaka ano ba life expectancy ng isang car mags? ty

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    general condition siguro muna, pwedeng bago nga, marami naman gasgas and bengkong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by uniport View Post
    general condition siguro muna, pwedeng bago nga, marami naman gasgas and bengkong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    anong bengkong? 2nd hand paps ung bibilin ko hehe

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yam123 View Post
    Mga paps planning to buy a second hand mags ano ba dapat tingnan ko? age? ano paba? tsaka ano ba life expectancy ng isang car mags? ty
    Since you posted in the Nissan section, I would assume you drive a Nissan vehicle. One peculiarity with Nissans is the wheel stud thread - it's 12mm x 1.25 compared to 12mm x 1.50 used by Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, and a number of other locally-distributed cars. Having said that, it means you cannot interchange the lug nuts from a Nissan with these.

The concern - wheel lug nut seat type:

You should not be interchanging lug nuts across the wheel seat types.

Most aftermarket and OEM wheels come with either the tapered seat or mag seat. Most Nissan OEM wheels have the tapered seat. Most Toyota and Mitsubishi OEM wheels have the mag seat. It would not be a big problem if you use a tapered seat wheel on a Toyota because you can simply purchase tapered aftermarket lug nuts or regular lug nuts with a 12mm x 1.50 thread pitch; they're easily available.

The problem is if you will use a mag seat wheel on a Nissan. Locally, it is quite difficult to find a mag seat lug nut with a 12mm x 1.25 thread that would be short enough to use such that it does not hit the hub once tightened. In short, mahaba masyado yung locally available lug nuts na may 12mm x 1.25 thread. You will end up either needing to use more than one washer (prone to the lug nut coming loose or the washers being squished) or hitting the hub such that you are unable to fully tighten the lug nut (tumutukod yung nut sa hub).

In short, for a Nissan car, you would want to stick with a wheel with a tapered seat.

If you're able to find a short enough washer-type lug nut with a 12mm x 1.25 thread to use on a mag seat, well and good. Let me know as well kung saan ka nakabili, kailangan ko rin, hehehehe.

For more on wheel seat types and lug nuts, see also:
    http://www.brandsport.com/howdoifiri...90331848906868
    http://www.gorilla-auto.com/pdf/GAG10.pdf
    Last edited by corbon44; October 31st, 2012 at 12:52 AM.