New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    mabilis naman yun frontier kahit papaano. Baka nga sanay sila sa gas engines kaya nababagalan sila. San ka naman magmamabilis ang takbo dito sa manila hehe parating traffic

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    they are expecting too much from an automatic diesel engine... i have ridden on one and it really feel sluggish. Gaya nga ng sabi ng iba, diesel and pickup is not meant for racing.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kung si Tyson Sy ang driver hindi siguro mabagal.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Our company has several 2005 Frontier 4x4. Mabagal talaga sa acceleration compared to the 2004 Hilux 4x4 with the 2.8l engine. But the Frontier has a higher top speed, some of our drivers have reached speed of 160kph on the Frontier which is hard to achieve on the Hilux.

But when going up steep logging roads, the Hilux is tops. It probably has something to do with the gearing.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    yun ba frontier puwede 4x2, 4x4. ako kasi d ko ginagamit 4x4 ng pickup parati ako nasa 4x2. pati nga sa baguio nakakalimutan ko i-switch sa 4x4 kasi nga nababagalan ako parang ambigat.

eh baka yun dahilan parati sila naka-4x4 kahit sa paved roads kaya ambagal
    it should be capable of both 4x4 & 4x2 driving...again 4x4's are only meant for off-road use...even if you use the 4x4 on steep paved roads it will just make you go slower....i suggest you try to activate your 4x4 when you g up to baguio on your next trip and see the difference....

i guess that's the logical explanation that they activate the 4x4 even driving on paved roads...this is the FASTEST way to DESTROY your 4x4.....i suggest that one should read the owner's manual carefully to understand the different functions, capabilities & limits of your vehicle whether it may be A/T, manual, 4x4, etc.....

safe driving & kudos!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If you want pick-up pang karera get a Ford-150 just ask vandolph..

baka nasanay sa kotse o gasoline powered utes kaya nanibago. You don't buy diesel pickups for speed

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by calcite
    Our company has several 2005 Frontier 4x4. Mabagal talaga sa acceleration compared to the 2004 Hilux 4x4 with the 2.8l engine. But the Frontier has a higher top speed, some of our drivers have reached speed of 160kph on the Frontier which is hard to achieve on the Hilux.

But when going up steep logging roads, the Hilux is tops. It probably has something to do with the gearing.
    something to do with gear ratio. hilux, might have considered that since its for loads and off roading then a set of lower speed gear ratio was installed. whilst, i heard that the frontier has a high speed gear ratio, that is why it could do higher speed on highways.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    something to do with gear ratio. hilux, might have considered that since its for loads and off roading then a set of lower speed gear ratio was installed. whilst, i heard that the frontier has a high speed gear ratio, that is why it could do higher speed on highways.
    Yes. That is why we are starting to consider the Frontier as more of a Gentleman's 4x4.

We bought our base model Frontiers 4x4 and it came with mag wheels, 15" wide tires, fender flares, power windows, power antennas, remote front hub locks, carpeted floors, cup holders (nice feature) and body decals. It looks nice and all those features make the Frontier look more luxurious (our 2004 base model 4x4 Hiluxes came with nothing). And it has a relatively high top speed which is nice on paved, smooth highways.

But its performance in real 4x4 condition is somewhat, let us just say not really outstanding. It has low ground clearance, sluggish acceleration, and you have to shift to 1st gear 4low when negotiating really steep, gravel roads. It is also really hard to remove mud from carpeted floors. And after a few months, there is aready a clunking sound from the steering .

Real nice for city driving and for the occasional trips to the farm but maybe not for daily tough 4x4 work. But perhaps the bottom line is that it is relatively cheap for a 4x4.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    4x4 pickups with diesel engines are used as workhorse cars. they were never meant to be fast or quick. its main purpose is for hauling stuff in the pick up bed. Now since mayaman naman sila, why not buy an american pickup na lang. those F-150, Chevy silverado's, Durango's etc. has really power gasoline engines that can satisfy his need for speed and power.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
mabagal ba talaga ang Nissan Frontier?