New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    About "sids", none taken, really... We're all professionals here.

I'll consider your SR20DE idea. That seems like the coolest thing to do with my Maxima. How much would that SR2DE swap cost me... estimate?

Thanks bro!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    I'll consider your SR20DE idea. That seems like the coolest thing to do with my Maxima. How much would that SR2DE swap cost me... estimate?
    A rough estimate: stock SR20DE with tranny should cost you about P50K to P60K installed.

Just make sure to get a complete engine w/ ECU with intact (uncut) wiring harness. It will lessen your headaches later by 200%.

You'll have to decide if you want A/T or M/T though.

BTW, I am not sure if you have to replace your wheel hubs because I am not sure if the stock Maxima wheel hubs would be compatible to the drive shafts of the SR20.

Note: some SR20s have an electronic speed limiter which limits the vehicle from going beyond 180/185kph. There are devices which can remove this. I have one installed in my Sentra and I peaked out at 219kph.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoots View Post
    bro, kinda OT but i'm also looking to "upgrade" my stock ga14ds (b13). i've been thinking of adding a k&n filter to complement my headers pero nagdadalawang isip ako since i'm really not sure how much hp will be added to the 80-85hp stock of the ga14. i really want to get it swapped for an sr20de pero nanghihinayang ako since my ga14ds is still performing tops at this time.

any suggestions? thanks!
    Take it from someone who has done most mods you can do on a B13... I had a B13 with a GA16DE with a lot of engine mods up to turbo.

It would be cheaper per HP gained to do an engine swap from the GA14 to the SR20.

Sell the GA14 to offset the cost of the SR20 swap if you have already decided to go through with the swap.

If not, best to keep the GA14 in stock condition because any modest gain in HP will be matched with a huge increase in fuel consumption.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    Example, yung K&N cone-type filter nila ay php4,500, while sa Nihhon * Banawe ay php3,500 lang. Marami namang nagpapauto.
    Sir,
    Ask ko lang
    Saan gawi po yung Nihhon sa Banawe?
    Looking for a K&N cone filter din kasi.

Sa side ba ng E. rod. Que Blvd ito or sa Orthopedic side po?
    Saan po siya malapit.
    Salamat.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

That would be "sids" ... known him for years. Don't take his behavior into any personal offense because that is really how he is. He can be a fun guy to talk with once you get to know him better.

I was * speedlab last saturday, wala si sid. Si ferman lang andun pero he was busy doing a baseline dyno kaya i didnt have the chance to ask about unichip that would be fitted sa triton with the K&N filter.

Talked to sid sa phone re: tein coil overs. better to visit nalang daw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12