New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    DONT bring it to Rapide. Again, DONT bring it to Rapide!

Just read the horror stories here * Tsikot.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1ck5h07 View Post
    When you come in for a CONSULT, ask them to check for signs of the car being flooded or being repaired. The issues you are encountering are common signs of flood damage.
    Galing nako sa casa mga sir. Quick visual inspections on the interior, engine bay and rotor discs made by a senior tech did not show signs of the unit being flooded. Although, the symptoms really do suggest that it was. Moreso when the IT Consult was not able to detect the sensors that it needs to connect to. He still did not discount the possibility that this is or isn't a flooded unit. He addedthat if needed this wa flooded, the owner exerted a good amount of effort and money to remove its visual signs. He recommends that a full electrical check-up be done, which will take days. He re-scheduled everything on Monday.

More updates to come. I will let you know.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    DONT bring it to Rapide. Again, DONT bring it to Rapide!

Just read the horror stories here * Tsikot.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the warning sir renzo_d10. I won't.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Dalhin mo na yan sa CASA para ma diagnose ng maigi. Unang check nila dyan is yung engine harness mo then reading ng mga sensors, make sure na palinis mo ang MAF sensor mo, then throttle body at pa check mo na rin ang Transmission module mo. Pag hirap pa ring umakyat eh transmission solenoid naman pa check mo.
    Sa Monday sir, babangitin ko na rin. Pero kasama tune-up sa service request ko. Itanong ko lang kung included na. Thanks Sor CoDer.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to do first a diagnostic reading of your vehicle before starting on the repairs. It may be with Nissan or at any shop you are comfortable with.

The basics: MAF Cleaning, change filters, ATF dialysis, tune-up, change filters, etc should also be done. Try to have an electrician check your electrical/electronics as well to as why they aren' t working well. You Sentra is a 1.6L right? It shouldn't be sluggish from take-off if it's running well definitely.

For spark plugs, NGK BKR6E-11 should be fine... even copper ones (just change every 10,000kms).

- - - Updated - - -

Try to do first a diagnostic reading of your vehicle before starting on the repairs. It may be with Nissan or at any shop you are comfortable with.

The basics: MAF Cleaning, change filters, ATF dialysis, tune-up, change filters, etc should also be done. Try to have an electrician check your electrical/electronics as well to as why they aren' t working well. You Sentra is a 1.6L right? It shouldn't be sluggish from take-off if it's running well definitely.

For spark plugs, NGK BKR6E-11 should be fine... even copper ones (just change every 10,000kms).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds like something is wrong with the shift solenoid. Does the transmission slur a lot? does it feel like it's slipping? or does it simply feel heavy? Could be that the transmission doesn't want to shift down into first.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like something is wrong with the shift solenoid. Does the transmission slur a lot? does it feel like it's slipping? or does it simply feel heavy? Could be that the transmission doesn't want to shift down into first.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peterstarr View Post
    Galing nako sa casa mga sir. Quick visual inspections on the interior, engine bay and rotor discs made by a senior tech did not show signs of the unit being flooded. Although, the symptoms really do suggest that it was. Moreso when the IT Consult was not able to detect the sensors that it needs to connect to. He still did not discount the possibility that this is or isn't a flooded unit. He addedthat if needed this wa flooded, the owner exerted a good amount of effort and money to remove its visual signs. He recommends that a full electrical check-up be done, which will take days. He re-scheduled everything on Monday.

More updates to come. I will let you know.
    What CASA did you bring it to BTW?

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sir vinj, you hit the plan head-on. The car was brought again to the casa this lunchtime and accdg to the head mechanic, the car might stay for a night or two at the casa for proper diagnosis. They will check the electricals, replace spark plugs, air filter and oils (transmission and engine). Yes sir, it has a 1.6L engine. Will provide updates by tomorrow. Thanks for your advise sir.

I brought it to UN Ave.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    Sir niky. Will ask them to tpcheck that tomorrow. It doesn't feel like the gears are slipping. It just feels heavy. Although, over the weekend, I sort of got the hang of it. I can now control the acceleration better. I also drove it to Laguna last Saturday. In order to get to 80kph, I had to step on the pedal and maintain an RPM of 3,500. I think this is unusual for a 1.6L engine. Anyway, will know by tomorrow. Will update you sirs. Thanks.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    This is an update. I took out my GS yesterday from the casa. Wala kasi akong gagamitin today. Buti at napakai-usapan yung casa to let me take it out for one day. Maganda na ang hatak. The technician said that all they did was cleaned the ECU. Apparently, wala silang pinalitan except that they cleaned the contacts. He confirms that the unit was not flooded. I will have to return the unit tomorrow for the airbag indicator lamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Just Bought a 08 Sentra GS. Need Opinion with some Issues