New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Mga Paps, i just bought an 08 Sentra GS. I found some issues with the car which i need some advise from our Nissan Gurus. These issues are as follows:
    1. Difficult to move from stop. Everytime, i drive the car from a stop, i can feel how heavy the car is. I am not sure if this is natural for a car is heavy, or whether it just needs a tune-up (which i intend to do tomorrow if a Nissan service shop can accept the car for repair works without sn appointment).
    2. Difficult in moving up a ramp. I found the car not moving as i was entering the ramp leading to our office. Probably less than a 20% gradient ramp. I find this odd. Because before getting this car, I was driving an Exalta STA. Although, i already heard that the N16 is a heavy beast, i never expected it to have a difficulty on going up on this ramp, with only me on board.
    3. "Airbag" Lamp blinks - it doesn't look like the airbag already deployed. much more, it doesn't seem like nabaha yung unit.
    4. "O/D Off" lamp doesn't light up when turn off O/D using the switch. I have been driving sn suto car since about 12 years ago, All of them have O/D. I did notice that the lamp lights up when I turn the ignition key to the On position.
    5. No horn / Chirp / Siren for the alarm. Having reviewed the website (haven't gone through the manual yet), there should be a horn / audible alarm. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ito mga sir ang plano kong gawin bukas:
    1. Go to Nissan and have the car on Consult (I am nit sure what they call it) to diagnose all the electronic parts with the sensors. Hopefully, they can spot what's wrong with the indicator lamps (airbag and O/D off). Will have all three fixed is budget permits.
    2. If budget permits, plan to do the following within one month. Go to Rapide (or any other reputable repair shop. Baka may ma-recommend kayo mga sir) to do the following:
    a. Change Oil, Oil Filter, spark plugs (if its not titanium tip)
    b. Have ATF Dialysis
    c. Replace busted tail brake light bulb
    d. Get wheel alignment
    e. Bolt tightening,
    f. Remove rattling sound (seems to come from the tail pipe).
    g. Check the following:
    - braskes
    - all fluids
    - all bushing
    Sana umabot pa natitira kong pera na napamaskuhan, hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    about a year ago, i bought my first automatic. second hand. from a total stranger. from the internet. and after all i have read here regarding buying used automatics, i can just say, i was lucky...
    and i don't think i want to tempt fate again.. might not be so forgiving next time around..
    mr peters, i hope everything turns out well.. that only minor repairs will be needed..
    Last edited by dr. d; January 5th, 2013 at 02:26 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Daming problema ah! Di ba yan nabaha? Parang oo based sa dami ng problem.

First piece of advise, never even think of going to rapide unless you want to burn money and be fooled. Read up on rapide horror stories in the goon squad. You'll know what I mean.

About the tranny, you might want to flush the atf first then refill with a new fluid. You may also want to consider having the brakes checked. Baka stuck up lang yung hand brake.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i didn't want to be the first to say it... but i agree.. it does seem it went swimming...
    Last edited by dr. d; January 5th, 2013 at 02:10 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Mukha namang hindi sya nabaha. At least i that is what i want. Will probably know tomorrow. Will give updates.

Copy sir sirkosero. Yung ATF Dialysis does just that.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by peterstarr View Post
    Mukha namang hindi sya nabaha. At least i that is what i want. Will probably know tomorrow. Will give updates.

Copy sir sirkosero. Yung ATF Dialysis does just that.
    Beg pardon, but... for the sake of educating other would-be buyers of used vehicles here, might i ask, why did you proceed with the purchase, knowing there were many bugs in it?
    Last edited by dr. d; January 5th, 2013 at 02:33 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    OT: risky ba talaga bumili ng A/T car kahit pa medyo bata pa sya?? lets say 2006 pataas na model..

BTT:
    wow, an 08 model with so many bugs. infernes bata pa yung car ah kahit A/T sya... i doubt na may kinalaman sa bigat ng kaha yang issue mo.. baka transmission problem yan sir, wag naman sana.. or could be as simple as what sirkosero said.. sana.. :jeanie:

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Beg pardon, but... for the sake of educating other would-be buyers of used vehicles here, might i ask, why did you proceed with the purchase, knowing there were many bugs in it?
    When I actually test drove it, wala or di ko napansin ng lahat ng problema. This was a week ago. I am just puzzled why hindi ko nakita yun. Pero anyway, hopefully a Nissan casa can take the car for consult (tama ba term ko). Malalaman naman kung nabaha pag nag-consult di ba?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by peterstarr View Post
    When I actually test drove it, wala or di ko napansin ng lahat ng problema. This was a week ago. I am just puzzled why hindi ko nakita yun. Pero anyway, hopefully a Nissan casa can take the car for consult (tama ba term ko). Malalaman naman kung nabaha pag nag-consult di ba?
    When you come in for a CONSULT, ask them to check for signs of the car being flooded or being repaired. The issues you are encountering are common signs of flood damage.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Dalhin mo na yan sa CASA para ma diagnose ng maigi. Unang check nila dyan is yung engine harness mo then reading ng mga sensors, make sure na palinis mo ang MAF sensor mo, then throttle body at pa check mo na rin ang Transmission module mo. Pag hirap pa ring umakyat eh transmission solenoid naman pa check mo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Just Bought a 08 Sentra GS. Need Opinion with some Issues