New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    mga paps help naman, my intermmitent wiper is not working pero yung 2nd and 3rd ay ok(yung mabilis), pina check ko and sabi yung capacitor sa motor assymbly pero pinalitan ko na ng capacitor ay hindi pa din gumana yung capacitor na pinalit ko ay 1uF/50V-electrolytic, kasi kung yung motor ang sira I think hindi na gagana yung 2rd and 3nd n function ng wiper, help naman mga paps...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it's not easy to check electricals if one does not have the experience and knowledge.
    my first suspect is the switch itself. do you know how to check for electrical flow to the wiper motor? if so, check it. if there is no flow when you turn the switch on, then it's most likely the switch. if there is flow, then the problem is in the motor or its surrounding accessories.
    tekateka... bakit may intermittent switch ka? yung 1997 1.4 EX ko ay wala.. J ako..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by *delo View Post
    mga paps help naman, my intermmitent wiper is not working pero yung 2nd and 3rd ay ok(yung mabilis), pina check ko and sabi yung capacitor sa motor assymbly pero pinalitan ko na ng capacitor ay hindi pa din gumana yung capacitor na pinalit ko ay 1uF/50V-electrolytic, kasi kung yung motor ang sira I think hindi na gagana yung 2rd and 3nd n function ng wiper, help naman mga paps...

the switch itself has a rheostat that allows you to adjust the frequency of the intermittency. it can not be purchased separate. it might be have dirty contacts or there is an open circuit in the resistor. if it parks to its resting spot, the parking switch for the wiper mechanism is still good, if not, the part switch might be stuck.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks sa advise mga sir, I'll rather have to check the switch if this is the case, dr. d my car is Nissan S3 Super Saloon 96 I think standard sa lahat ng car ang may intermmitent switch ang wiper but ang sayo ay wala

intermmitent wiper not working