New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I also like this model and everytime I see a well maintained unit parang gusto ko rin magkaroon. hehe. I actually entertained the thought of buying one pero budget ko pang 94-below model lang whose body is prone to rust. hirap din maghanap ng maayos na unit.

another shortcoming though is the interior space. its surprising how cramped it is compared to its bulk from the outside. kung galing ka sa carnival, I'm sure mapapansin mo yung difference.

power? this vehicle literally exhudes it! haha pero engine wise, nakasakay na ko sa isa na umabot ng 170kph sa star tollway. though it took quite a while to get there. hehe. balita ko 7-8 kpl ang mileage.

overall, I'd love have this tank since I'm no speed freak and I don't like to be bothered by "unpassable" road surfaces. :D but if you need a nimble, more driveable, easier to park people mover, look elsewhere. HTH

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    2001-2002 yata yung Presidential Series(yung may kulay ginto).

May 2001 4.5 Liter gas version na Patrol Safari kami noon but binenta din namin due to gas consumption issues nya.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    hi, been driving a nissan patrol safari series 94 model. its been with the family ever since. it already underwent body works, new paint job, had the engine overhauled, and practically got all the under chassis replaced na since it has been with us for almost 17 years. but am still pleased with the ride and the power it gives. generally its a good car with a powerful engine. kung tibay at tibay lang panalo to.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I used to have a 1997 model. I miss this vehicle the most among my previous vehicles. The exterior design is timeless and the engine is wonderful. I had it from 1997 to 2005. Took me a while to let it go. Even if nababawasan na pag gamit ko as it got older.

Pros:
    Timeless
    Built Tough
    Safe
    Unbelievable torque

Cons:
    Interior deterioration is very common specially with the leather/rubber that they used for the sidings and steering wheel
    Small / Narrow cabin
    Diesel Guzzler-With that big engine it's bound to be
    High Maintenance Cost

Let me put it this way, if I can buy one brand new today, I would :D I just love the Safari.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Here is an accident that I had in 2005 where a drunk driver hit us from behind. A testament on how strong the safari is. :D

Check out the body itself, there was no bending. I just had to replace the rear light, left side rear bumper which was dented and plastic parts that where hit.

I was slowing down on the road hump when we got rear ended, the force pushed the safari several meters forward.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We had a similar incident during a Nissanbayan Fun Run in Quezon before. A Nissan Serena support vehicle ran into the rear of the a Patrol when the long convoy pulled over to stop... The Patrol had no scratch nor misaligned panel and it towed the Serena back to Manila.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    Here is an accident that I had in 2005 where a drunk driver hit us from behind. A testament on how strong the safari is. :D

Check out the body itself, there was no bending. I just had to replace the rear light, left side rear bumper which was dented and plastic parts that where hit.

I was slowing down on the road hump when we got rear ended, the force pushed the safari several meters forward.
    What the hell happened to the Pajero! the damaged of the Nissan Patrol is only the tail light? can't believe it with such an impact! The patrol is really strong, very strong.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Attention: Vinj and Otep.

This is the Nisssan Patrol I found at AyosDito.

According to the advertiser, it's a 1997 model but there was no Price indicated about the unit. The location is somewhere in NCR. What is your evaluation on this unit? Glad to hear from you soon.

These are the following Specs:

*TD42 Straight Six Diesel Engine
    *Manual Transmission
    *All Power
    *4X4 Shifter
    *OldMan Emu Suspension
    *15"Orig Off-Set Japan Mags
    *Worth 45K
    *Dunlop Grandtrek Tires
    *Cool A/C
    *Cool Box
    *Flawless Anzahl Jet Black Paint
    *Smooth Body
    *9-Seaters
    *Pioneer CD-Indash Stereo
    *CD-Changer
    *Titanium Tints
    *Brand New Leather Seat Covers
    *Newly Changed Oil & Filters

#09179056135#09225983522#5178371
    Last edited by Joe Magarac; February 23rd, 2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: There are unwanted info included.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I also found this one at AyosDito:

Toyota Land Cruiser VX TD -96

According to the advertiser, the cost is P710,000. The location of the unit is somewhere in Central Luzon. Glad to hear from you soon.

Additional info given:

1996 Toyota Land Cruiser VX TD LIMITED

Price: Php 710,000
    Color : Dark Green/Gray
    Plate : ***-236

Engine: 1HD 4.2L 24-valve Turbo Diesel
    Transmission : Automatic, 4x4
    Kilometers: 105,000

Accessories:
    Aircon, Auto Climate Control, Altimeter, Kenwood AM/FM Stereo & CD Player, Amplifier & JBL GTSeries Speakers, Power Door Locks with Alarm, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Sunroof, Bullbar, Flog Lamps, Rain Guard, Step Board, Alloy Wheel and 90% Michelin Tires, Rear Spare Tire with Cover

0917-542-1111

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    the same thing happened to our patrol.... the other vehicle was all smashed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Inquiry on Nissan Patrol Safari Series