New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    What do you think guys?

168-horsepower,[SIZE="4"] 3.3-liter V6 engine[/SIZE] and 4-speed automatic transmission, with Infiniti's [SIZE="4"]All-Mode 4WD[/SIZE]. All-Mode had three settings, selected by a rotary switch on the instrument panel: 2WD (which routed power only to back wheels); Auto (which could distribute up to 50 percent of power to front wheels when the rears began to slip); and Lock (which split power 50/50 under all conditions). The Auto setting could be used on smooth, dry pavement, but Lock was only for use on slippery surfaces. A separate shift lever on the console activated the heel-drive system's [SIZE="4"]4wd Low range[/SIZE]. Dual airbags and height-adjustable front shoulder belts were installed, along with 4-wheel antilock braking. The short option list included heated front seats, a power sunroof, and [SIZE="4"]limited-slip rear differential.[/SIZE]

i was thinking of purchasing one for everyday use because i couldn't drive my camry anyhwere i want.

its from ah friend. he said that he's selling it for 250K NEG. already 80+ kms

so i guess when i purchase this i have to get oils changed and also with the fluids of 4wd system. and i read that in one site the oil for its transmission has this specific oil to used only. also for its LSD but i guess any would do its just being biased? here is the site where i based it.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...niti-qx4-2.htm

"Automatic transmission: The manufacturer has approved the use of automatic-transmission fluid labeled "Dexron IIE-Mercon" although Dexron IIE is the preferred fluid which hard to find. (1997-98)"

"Oil consumption: Using the wrong lubricant in the all-wheel-drive final drive system could cause problems, and the only approved product (factory fill) is Pennzoil 4096 Limited Slip Differential Oil. (1997)"

i reasearched for the gas consumption its from 6 to 7 city driving

and also the suspension is same as the nissan terrano so availability is no issue.

also needs its suspension to be fixed, the quote is 10K for the whole underchasis. bushing. shock. etc etc.

the interior is so so. no that fresh anymore but still could live with it

do you think its a goodbuy?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sir, is that QX4 locallly bought or imported from the U.S? 250k seems cheap for a vehicle that originally costs over 2 million when it was launched here in the late 90's. Can you verify if its a real infiniti or a nissan pathfinder that had some cosmetic changes to look like an infiniti? is it an original lhd version and not converted from rhd? If so, it seems like a good deal. If you're concerned about fuel economy, you probably wouldn't want to use that suv everyday as you can expect mileage to be around 4km/L

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    by the way sir, the 6-7 km/l mileage may be hard to get in metro manila driving condition as a lot of people I know averages less than 7km/l with their Turbo Diesel SUVs in metro manila, even my Patrol and Fortuner 3.0L diesel averages less than 7km/L. The suspension is different from the D21 terrano that was launched here but its similar to the R50 Terrano that was never launched here officially. If i were in your shoes, I might buy one since it was a dream SUV for me back then but couldn't afford it. Be advise that over the past decade, so many SUVs became available here that can easily outshine the QX4 in performance, versatility and value. Even the 3.3L engine's power and torque seems so low by today's standard. Just my 2 cents.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    What do you think guys?

168-horsepower,[SIZE="4"] 3.3-liter V6 engine[/SIZE] and 4-speed automatic transmission, with Infiniti's [SIZE="4"]All-Mode 4WD[/SIZE]. All-Mode had three settings, selected by a rotary switch on the instrument panel: 2WD (which routed power only to back wheels); Auto (which could distribute up to 50 percent of power to front wheels when the rears began to slip); and Lock (which split power 50/50 under all conditions). The Auto setting could be used on smooth, dry pavement, but Lock was only for use on slippery surfaces. A separate shift lever on the console activated the heel-drive system's [SIZE="4"]4wd Low range[/SIZE]. Dual airbags and height-adjustable front shoulder belts were installed, along with 4-wheel antilock braking. The short option list included heated front seats, a power sunroof, and [SIZE="4"]limited-slip rear differential.[/SIZE]

i was thinking of purchasing one for everyday use because i couldn't drive my camry anyhwere i want.

its from ah friend. he said that he's selling it for 250K NEG. already 80+ kms

so i guess when i purchase this i have to get oils changed and also with the fluids of 4wd system. and i read that in one site the oil for its transmission has this specific oil to used only. also for its LSD but i guess any would do its just being biased? here is the site where i based it.
    http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...niti-qx4-2.htm

"Automatic transmission: The manufacturer has approved the use of automatic-transmission fluid labeled "Dexron IIE-Mercon" although Dexron IIE is the preferred fluid which hard to find. (1997-98)"

"Oil consumption: Using the wrong lubricant in the all-wheel-drive final drive system could cause problems, and the only approved product (factory fill) is Pennzoil 4096 Limited Slip Differential Oil. (1997)"

i reasearched for the gas consumption its from 6 to 7 city driving

and also the suspension is same as the nissan terrano so availability is no issue.

also needs its suspension to be fixed, the quote is 10K for the whole underchasis. bushing. shock. etc etc.

the interior is so so. no that fresh anymore but still could live with it

do you think its a goodbuy?
    I believe that is the unibody Pathfinder/QX4(R50) so it's not exactly the same as the Terrano(WD21) sold in the Philippines since that is a body on frame and that price is very cheap. If it does have LSD you need to use fluid specific for differentials with LSD and not just any differential oil. The engine is the VG33, which was the last version of the VG series before NIssan moved to the VQ series engines. What else is wrong with it is the question?

Edit:
    Is that 6-7km/l or 6-7mpg and is that what people in the US get or in the Philippines? If it's the US then you know you can cut that by almost half with the traffic in the Philippines.
    Last edited by redorange; February 2nd, 2008 at 01:19 PM.

Infiniti QX4