New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Guys, I'm plannin' to buy a 2nd hand Skyline R33. Wala akong alam sa mga oto and about engines. I'm not gonna use the car for races. Pang araw-araw lang. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    wow ang porma nyan hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    wow ang porma nyan hehehe.
    Oo pre. 1 of my dream cars

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    gtr o gts? mas maganda bro weekend car mo na lang. it's still an old car and hopefully the conversion is clean. you might want to check out reputable shops that can check your car.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    how much ang skyline ngayon???? Subic ba?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    wow.

magkano na mga ganyan ngayon? straight from port irene ba or dito mo bibilhin from a reseller?

pick carefully... open the hood and check kung naka supercharger, hehe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JaZey View Post
    Guys, I'm plannin' to buy a 2nd hand Skyline R33. Wala akong alam sa mga oto and about engines. I'm not gonna use the car for races. Pang araw-araw lang. Thanks!
    Ahem! For daily use?

A grey market import that does not even have local parts & service support?

A first time car owner (I guess) who doesn't even know much about cars and engines?

You might want to reconsider your choice of car to something more "locally available".

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I believe all the sports variants were turbocharged.

As with any secondhand car, check the condition very carefully. While parts for the RB engine are available (some are shared with the Cefiro), they're not exactly cheap and plentiful.

As an addendum, check the conversion work. The Skyline was never available in lefthand drive, so they're all RHD converted. Check that the dash was put together nicely and that the steering system was properly installed (may take a test-drive to confirm).

A Skyline is a nice cruiser. It's a big car with lots of presence. Get the GT-R and you have a four-wheel drive supercar that will put a grin on your face.

But if you're simply getting a GTS or a GTS-T, your money would probably be better spent on a 200SX which is just as comfortable, lots quicker, more fun to drive and easier to maintain.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for all of your advise guys! Baka may kilala din kayo na magaling na mechanic who can accompany me to make sure na okay yung oto.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    kung r33 na gts na Naturally aspirated kukunin mo... wala kwenta yun its running in a RB20DE engine ang bagal nun sobra tas ang istura simple talaga sagarin mo na sa GTR na r33 ... but kung ako lang mas gusto ko R32

but if decided ka na make sure dala ka mechanic na titingin sa auto ... and make sure mo rin maayos pagka convert yung auto

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
I'm buying a 2nd hand Skyline R33, What things to consider?