New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Can anyone help me with my Nissan Exalta 2001? Idling drops down resulting in sudden stop. Last November i brought it to Nissan for service unfortunately, problem still occur. Actually, more problems like overheating, unstable hadling + I found a cut tube near the air filter. Could this be the problem for the sudden stop (idling), overheating and unstable hadling??? See picture. Please send me a reply. Thanks!

Carview

Last edited by carview; December 2nd, 2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: DOUBLE CHECK TAGS

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    does you car have a manual tranny? check if the hose leads to the tranny. if that is so then its just the tranny breather. you need not worry about a cut hose.

regarding overheat, look for leaks in the cooling system. then the radiator fans if they're functioning well. check the engine sensors like CTS and Thermistor.

BTW, didn't the nissan casa give you a readout from their CONSULT? if they did then they should clearly tell you if there's a problem with any of the engine sensors.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    does you car have a manual tranny? check if the hose leads to the tranny. if that is so then its just the tranny breather. you need not worry about a cut hose.

regarding overheat, look for leaks in the cooling system. then the radiator fans if they're functioning well. check the engine sensors like CTS and Thermistor.

BTW, didn't the nissan casa give you a readout from their CONSULT? if they did then they should clearly tell you if there's a problem with any of the engine sensors.
    uu nga. sensors are usually connected sa computer box mo. they can easily give u a copy of the read out of the computer. ur car is kinda smart n e. it usually gives the mechanics information kung what really is the problem of your car. In cases ng overheating check your radiator, fans, pumps, tsaka tubes. overheating is caused by blocked tubes kung saan dumadaan yung water and radiator fluid around the engine, tube leaks, di gumaganang pump n nagpapaikot ng fluids, or fans n di nagcocool ng fluids. taga south k? im connected with a nissan dealer sa south. email me if u want to visit for a consult.

njgarin*gmail.com

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I used to have a Sentra, non-vtec is right, that's a tranny breather. That's normal.

What kind of checkups did they do? A dropping idle shouldn't cause overheating... that's a separate problem... A dropping idle might be caused by an IACV problem or timing issues.

Overheating is complicated. You have to check the water pump, your radiator hoses (what coolant are you using? You should use 50:50), your radiator cap (if it's old, change it... ASAP)... and your radiator. Note that pinhole leaks in your radiator hoses won't show up at idle in the casa... you have to open the engine bay when it's nice and hot and rev the engine and look for the leaks that way.
    Last edited by niky; December 3rd, 2008 at 12:42 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    First of all, thanks for the reply. I dont know what a tranny breather looks like so I took a snap shot where the cut tube leads to. Check out pic below

I also found greese in one of the electrical panel of my car. Could this be the problem of the idling drop down? Is this connected to the cars computer (ECU)? I agree on njgarin computer read out conclusion Problem is, when i brought the car to Nissan they sed its 100% working already. Nissan did the following to my car:

- Check engine performance
    - O/H AAC VALVE
    - O/H Throttle Chamber
    - Clean Spark plug
    - Checked all belts
    - Performed "consult" test

Overheating. Need to check radiator tubes for leaks and blockages. Ill keep you guys posted. About the water pump, How do i know if its working or not? My water reserve always full. Big chance "water pump" is the problem. Find me a solution. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You'll find leaks on the side of the car where the belts are. But if you're not losing water, it's okay.

That's your tranny. And it looks like the tube itself is leaking... better check your level... might be a check valve inside is stuck-up causing a pressure buid-up.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi Niki. Tranny tube. Should i remove it and check for leakage? Its only one sided. the other end is not connected anywhere.. I might loose more pressure if i remove it????

How about the greece problem?? do you think thats ok? Ill check for overheating problem now.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hi Niki. About the tranny, How do i check for leakage or blockage? Should i remove it? I might loose more pressure if i do.

Greese Problem. Do you think its ok to have greese in that electronical panel?

Overheating. Looks like theres no leak. Seems to be ok. the only problem here is everytime it over heats, water reserve doesnt transfer the water to the radiator. Could be the pump

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It might be a cause or it might be a symptom. That's an automatic, is it? If it is, then the transmission cooler is bundled with the radiator, so the overheating problem may have caused that spillage. Check your coolant and overheating issue first.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    1st off, check your fans to see if they're spinning when the ignition is ON, and then after that see if your thermostat is causing problems, because it could be faulty and not letting nice coolant flow. THEN after all of that, it could be a faulty water pump. Im not 100% sure what that tube is for but i know for sure that it is a vacuum line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
idling and overheating