New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabi ng ni esmi, "parang lumbering giant " ang Safari pag umaakyat sa incline. Pano naging pusa yun?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka si Garfield yung pusa. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "cat-like" ???

HAHAHAHHA

sumakay ka sa tigre ni HE-Man!

Battle-CAT! pakitaan mo ng cat-like reflexes!

hehehehhe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Up ko lang para sa 4x4ph guys. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    15Dec2003 (UTC -8)

Originally posted by mbt
    [B]i've got nothing against the author of the review, but Tessa Salazar's feature on the GU Patrol 3.0 A/T in the November 27, 2003 Inquirer is simply ridiculous and is astoundingly abysmal for a supposedly informed review and reviewer.

some snippets (taken verbatim):

"Handling was apt and much appreciated as soon as we negotiated the winding roads to Tagaytay. The pan hard, a lateral rod at the back of the vehicle, handles the sideward movement of the differential -- the reason for the good handling."

WHAAT??? jesus christ, it's a Panhard rod, not a "pan hard"! attributing "good handling" to the panhard rods is like saying BMWs handle well because of struts and nothing else. not necessarily true, and very misleading. kinda like a sales brochure eh?
    BWA-HA-HA-HA!!! I think she meant anti-sway bars, not the panhard rods. Besides, how come naramdaman niya iyon, pero ang front panhard rod hindi? :confused:

At bakit ang pilit niyang gamitin ang term na differential? The diffs don't sway, they're in middle of the axle. It's the body of the vehicle that sways, as it's suspended by the springs, shocks, control arms, and the panhard rods.

[i]"The engine is called ZD30DDTi with a max power of 155 horsepower over 3,600 revolutions per minute, a max torque of 354 Newton meters over 2,000 rpm.
    That should read 354Nm *at* 2,000rpm. Mali pa ang Ingles in ma'am.

and the clincher...

Anyway, the feel of this ride is that the entire differential is being dribbled.
    That'll be a sight to see. :whoa: Dribbling a 50lb chunk of metal....

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    BASICALLY A DIESEL POWERED PATROL ZD30 IS VERY GOOD ESPECIALLY THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION. I BELIEVE THE AUTHOR IS NOT FULLY AWARE IN HER DRIVING SKILLS OF A DIESEL UNIT, MAYBE SHE SHOULD TRYING RIDING IN MY NISSAN PATROL GU ZD30 AND I WILL GIVE HER A HELL OF A RIDE!!! MY UNIT HAS GOOD TORQUE AND SPEED 165 KPH ON 35 INCH TYRES, NO MANDRELS, NO CHIPS, JUST PRECISE SHIFTING TECHNIQUE, DYNO TESTED.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    mga pare, that just goes to show one must not believe everything written in the papers. Dapat mga tsikoteers nalang kunin nilang mag-review!naks.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    you are right bro !!! : )

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the author is expecting a CRV-like ride with the GU.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
idiotic "review" of GU Patrol c/o Inquirer