New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    IMO:

Others:

> Even if the engine is underneath the driver and the front seat passenger, the seats are not 'hot', as what the others have stated or perceived.

:starwars:

actually, madali remedyuhan yan..we put double sided heat insulator before the carpet..presto, wala na ung init sa pwet..hahaha...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Tama yon. Our aunt had the older version (the single-color one) and it overheated a lot, until her driver had the cooling system modified. Our Grand Coach served us quite a while with no major problems, just very minor trim issues (sticking gas door cable, replaced under warranty).

It's got a great aircon, exceptional second row swivelling captain's chairs and a drinks cooler between the driver and front passenger that can take up to six softdrink cans... and NO, you won't get hardboiled eggs from sitting on top of the engine, as the insulation is very good.
    Ride is decent, power is good on straights, but, as mentioned, not so good for climbing (carburated 2.0 lang kasi).

Might want to spec up for LPG... it's kinda a gas guzzler. Not exactly sure how bad, but our Mazda 626 was somewhat better.
    We've owned a vanette and a sentra for quiet a while now....vanette give us 10to 11 km per liter going to and from cabanatuan city. In city driving, we use the sentra more because the vanette only manages about 7 to 8 in mixed city and slex driving. Both cars have great airconditioning that's why we chose them over the others and a friend of ours works in Nissan Phils. so we usually get 15% discount on parts if he's the one buying for us. Vanette is also easy to maintain and space is adequate for 6 adults, 3 kids and stuff to haul for the weekend trips. And it's fast!! You could blow by 1.8li or bigger cars in straight roads. There was a time one Sunday morning when I tailed and actually caught up with an Impreza driving along SLEX....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Cool and comfy...that's what I can say to this vehicle. Our company had one before and it stayed with me for almost half a year until we decided to finally let it go coz maintenance is too high not too mention a gas guzzler that is.

Pero overall, the Grand Coach is a better choice since naka captain seats na, all power and a/c is really cool even on a humid day. Hirap lang kapag meron kami pinapaayos sa makina, kailangan pa kami i-charge ng labor cost para tanggalin mga upuan sa unahan.

As per experience, never ko na-feel maluto ang egg ko coz maganda nga ang insulation between the engine and the two front seats.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    Pero overall, the Grand Coach is a better choice since naka captain seats na, all power and a/c is really cool even on a humid day.
    Even the earlier model/s, just check, have these amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    Hirap lang kapag meron kami pinapaayos sa makina, kailangan pa kami i-charge ng labor cost para tanggalin mga upuan sa unahan.
    Yes, that is correct

:starwars:

sorry for the UP! pero cuirous lang ako...

pasok ba ang TD27-T or ETi sa vanette? dehado ako sa LD20,e... at mas common ang TD27 dito,e...

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    haynaku, just for the benefit of future readers who are planning to have a vanette.. just to share my experience. bwiset ang vanette na yan. alang problema sa looks, gwapo kesa liteace, alang problema sa space, para ka na ring naka expedition(charoz) alisin mo lang ang 3rd row seats. pero curse the middle mount engine nito. ang hirap i-maintain. (time/effort/money). overheat? yes! yes and YES! (so does lite ace, mb100 and L300 VV or even brand new exceeds needs a modification of the engine cooling system) even the vanette parts. phase out na sa nissan casa. (Ever wondered bakit nga ba di na nagproduce ng middlemount mid-sized vans sa pinas?)Nga naman comfort comes with a price. In fairness sa mga middle mounts, Madalang and almost wala pa akong nababalitaang problem ng Nissan urvan kahit magtumbling pa mga kids mo sa loob, maluwang yan(mahal nga lang).
    If i were you, go for the front mount engines na lang. Less prone sa overheat and easier to maintain. AUV diesels are reliable, (quote isuzu crosswind) much that they are younger models than the beat up lite aces/vanettes etc...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Correction lang po. MB100 are front engined vehicles. The front doors and dashboard were just elongated to create the illusion of a one box van. The engine rides ahead of the front passengers and is considered part of the MB100's crash structure.

Btw, once pa lang ako na-overheat and it was due to a torn rad cap gasket (a Php150.00 part) and the unit is 10 years old with 120,000kms. Coding-exempt din kaya walang pahinga.

Sorry OT. Now back to regular Nissan Vanette programming. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    err..i stand corrected, what i referred to the MB100 was the overheating problem as experienced by a friend who owns one. In fairness it(mb100) has a better engine-cooling system than the old(non grand coach) vanettes. My friend even suggested to replace my 95 vanette's auxilliary fan to an mb's. In addition, even the alternator was sought to have been better if it was an MB100 or Starex transplant. unfortunately we never proven those in my (ex)vanette since i sold it before we could even tried.
    ...we're still in the vanette topic arent we? thanks for the input sir otep

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Ang discouraging lang sa Vanette is gas consumption. We have Urvan and my uncle have a vanette. Compare sa Urvan mas matagtag ang vanette siyempre kasi mas maliit siya. Sa cooling system, dagdag ka lang ng auxiliary fan solve na siya kahit old edition lang na Vanette. Sa speed naman, kahit TD27 na Urvan di kaya habulin ang vanette sa hiway. Matulin ang vanette kaya niyang makipag habulan sa 2.0 na Revo and 16 valve 2.0 na Adventure. Very reliable ang vanette pag dating sa engine and braking system. Aircon is a plus-plus points sa vanette, talagang malamig. Di kp pag papalit ang comfort ng Vanette sa Korean surplus vans like Hyundai Grace and H100. Dinaig ng Vanette before sa performance ang liteace, and mazda b2000 (Small van). Di naman mahal talaga parts ng vanette, gas ang mahal talaga.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    had the first gen vanette, ok ang space at looks, patay ka sa gas. city driving 5 lang per liter, kahit anong gaan ng tapak ko sa gas. mahal pa ng pyesa. matulin nga tried it once sa slex, 160 may ibubuga pa.

urvan na lang kayo diesel na, malaki pa. get an escapade na lang

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
I need comments on Nissan Vanette!