New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Would a 1971 Nissan 240Z (2.8 engine/auto tranny) be a good buy in terms of desirability and collectibility?

I'm just thinking aloud since an opportunity to find one might present itself.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    personally i'd look for a good 300ZX..always wanted one, almost bought one too if not for the cracked cylinder head. if parts wont be a headache, the 240Z would be a good project car

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire
    Would a 1971 Nissan 240Z (2.8 engine/auto tranny) be a good buy in terms of desirability and collectibility?

I'm just thinking aloud since an opportunity to find one might present itself.

that's the car that makes me inlove with the Zcar,but i'm too young that time to own it and also the reason i got the younger brother 350z.

go ahead its a good project or collection car..got pics from last car show i'll post it soon.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speaking strictly for myself, HELL YEAH!!! :D

imho, the 240z is one of the few japanese cars that have truly achieved classic car status...ang inggit ko lang if you suddenly show up with an immaculately restored and concours-ready Z

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hey Woodfire, posted couple of z pics in my gallery, hope this will help u to decide.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boss Woodfire... How about a 25th Anniversary version na black/red? hehe, one of our customers have that one, he traded his M3 E30 for it (I think you know him siguro)...

Manolet's brother has one din diba?

Personally, as with all old cars, they're desired by a certain niche crowd that likes old classic cult machines. Younger folks will just see it as another "old sports car"

But for me, I like it. While I LOVE the 300ZX, ibang iba na era nya eh.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    300zx...mmmmm :drool: :inlove:

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    depende kung desirable din yung nasa loob .. kung ang nag-d-drive eh si sharpova .. schwing .. kung si madame auring .. no thanks ..

but seriously .. i think it appeals more to an older gen who will feel nostalgic for it .. it doesn't appear "classic" enough for the younger gen ..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hell yeah! the 240Z is my generation !

I already feel old saying that one When I was in grade school, I adored the 240Z of our neighbor.

I'm wrapping up my '67 mustang convertible so I'm thinking of a medium-to-long term project, i.e., restoring a 240Z (thanks to turbo a.k.a. deo). I plan to have it restored close to stock as much as possible down to the minute details!

One good thing about restoring a car is that you can adjust the pace depending on the budget.

Thanks for the feedback guys specially to Theveed & Bluebimmer and M54 Powered!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hi Woodfire.

The Z car I have right now is close to original! Even the seats and the door panel are original.

If you are in Singapore, maybe you can buy the 3X2 Weber set-up. This was on my car when I was in college.

The car needs the following(not to scare you):
    1. Rubber bumper mouldings(front an rear)
    2. Rear bumper needs to be rechromed
    3. A/C compressor
    4. Stereo
    5. Complete weather strips

Thats about all.

Car is running with a single 2 barrel carb, new decent red paint, new carpet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How desirable is the Nissan 240Z?