New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Calling on our nissan experts.

I have read on countless occasions IACV and MAF Sensor are the parts that need regular cleaning/maintenance on a Nissan engine. I never noticed this much discussion on other brands. Or baka hindi ko lang nakikita Sa Nissan lang ba talaga madalas magkaproblema itong 2 parts na ito?

Just for the benefit of people like me who might want to attempt in DIY-ing the proper maintenance of these two parts, can our experts provide a step-by-step instruction in how to do it? Or is it too complicated that we can just take it to our "suking" motor shop?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What model do you have? If you're adept at handling the wrenches then it's a DIY thing. This is normal with any old EFI engine and what varies usually is the name of the part involved with some function variations.

On a GA16DE and QG engine, the MAF is right after the airbox. You just need the proper wrench to unscrew it (carefully), and when you remove it, spray the inside with some electric contact cleaner or carb cleaner. DO not touch the MAF hotwire inside as it's a sensitive part. Dry and replace.

For the AAC/IACV, it depends on the engine and what i'm familiar with is only the GA16DE engine. A quick google will show you some pics and detailed instructions.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks sir vinj. I used to have GA16. Just sold it very recently. Tomorrow, i will get a pre-loved unit with GQ16 engine.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    nice!! QG16.. mag N16 gsx kayo sir?? feedback sir sa performance ng QG16 ah.. yung QG13 kasi 140kph lang daw kaya eh.. goodluck sir

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by peterstarr View Post
    Thanks sir vinj. I used to have GA16. Just sold it very recently. Tomorrow, i will get a pre-loved unit with GQ16 engine.
    Congrats on the new ride! The QG is smooth and if the idling is fine, you just have to do the MAF cleaning.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks mga sir. Got my pre-loved N16 this afternoon. Its a GS mga sir. Ganda! 33k kms pa lang ang natakbo. Mura ko nakuha. May mga issues, but will start a new thread to get some advise from our Nissan gurus.

Para di OT. I saw a whole folder of discussions on DIY for different parts in a club for sentra users. Thanks sa mga nag-reply.

How can I DIY - IACV / MAF Sensor Cleaning