New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    mga paps,help! san ba ako pd makakuha ng parts para sa sr16ve? (not N1 ver),surplus or brandnew,pero mas ok sana kung surplus para mura, i need a maf,transmission(pero sabi nila pd daw ung pang 20ve,axle.pls let me know mga paps.thnx!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good luck with your search. The sr16ve engine itself is very rare locally and finding spares for it would even be rarer & extremely difficult short of buying another rare SR16VE engine to salvage your needed parts from.

It might have been a better option to replace the engine with a SR20DE or DET.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ne0b13 View Post
    mga paps,help! san ba ako pd makakuha ng parts para sa sr16ve? (not N1 ver),surplus or brandnew,pero mas ok sana kung surplus para mura, i need a maf,transmission(pero sabi nila pd daw ung pang 20ve,axle.pls let me know mga paps.thnx!!
    The only thing you can do is take the SR16 MAF with you and see if it has the same diameter and pin-out as the SR20 MAF. SR16s are very rare, and it's more likely you'll find an SR20VE before finding 16VE specific parts.

And I doubt any surplus shop will be willing to part out an SR20VE.

You can likely use SR20DE parts. Do you have the VE's original transmission? You'll have to check whether there's a port for the speed sensor on the transmission (some later model Nissans use ABS sensors for the speed sensor and don't have the port, but some ABS-equipped Nissans do), if so, you can likely use any SR20DE transmission you can find.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The only thing you can do is take the SR16 MAF with you and see if it has the same diameter and pin-out as the SR20 MAF. SR16s are very rare, and it's more likely you'll find an SR20VE before finding 16VE specific parts.

And I doubt any surplus shop will be willing to part out an SR20VE.

You can likely use SR20DE parts. Do you have the VE's original transmission? You'll have to check whether there's a port for the speed sensor on the transmission (some later model Nissans use ABS sensors for the speed sensor and don't have the port, but some ABS-equipped Nissans do), if so, you can likely use any SR20DE transmission you can find.
    so is there any chance of rebuilding this engine,well actually its brandnew and never been used,some forums suggested to put a 20ve transmission,and an altima harness i can get an ecu as well but what about the axles? would the sr20de axles fit on my sr16? and maybe a 20de maf would fit or maybe il find someone who could fabricate it,sir is there anyone u know that had this project before? TIA

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    so mga sir, sr20de transmission is ok? is sr20de maf ok? how bout axle?
    with the maf of 20de on my 16ve will it not have any probs on the sr16ve ecu?? some says its not interchangeable,Vtec wont initialize perhaps.but i could find an ecu naman,the SIR who sold me the sr16 can find one daw,medyo expensive nga lng..and if the transmission would be just a 20de i could find one at any corner streets of evang,imus,banawe,.,and for the axle? will it be desame on 20de?,tel u wat mga sir i really want to use this engine, brandnew kse paps,sayang naman..and it was really my dream project. so if u could just give me some rainbow over the rain i would really apreciate that..,ehehe,for 16ve out there pls help naman...,thanx thanx mga sir idol!! God bless!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    was this project ever completed?

help on sr16ve parts,where can i find parts locally?