New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hello All!
    My question is for a 1999 (Local) Terrano 2.5l gas model. My horn (or is it horns?) was sounding intermittent for a whole week, finally sounding really weak, and now just died! I can still hear the horn relay, so hopefully its just a bad connection from the relay to the horn. I tried looking for the horn from top and bottom but couldnt find it.

In the interest of saving time (as this is our family vehicle):, does anybody know where the location is for the original (factory) horn/horns? Do i need to remove the front grill? If i do, is it as simple as just removing a few phillip head screws that i saw at the top and bottom part of the chrome grill? By the way, this is my first time to own a terrano, so i`m not too familiar with it yet Thank You!
    patrick

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    As per this diagram..

Removing the grille will reveal the 2 horns(low/high).

I'm guessing if you have small and flexible hands and arms you should be able to reach the horn connector to check it, maybe crawl underneath or insert your arms in between the grille and radiator core support. Fading horn sound could be just due to a loose adjustment screw or the center nut. Bridging the relay socket will help you isolate the relay while corroded/loose grounding and terminals are also common prob on older vehicles.

HTH. Goodluck.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    12VDC- Thanks so much for your response! Very useful diagram
    patrick