New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi Guys! I need some advice! I just had a bit of an accident. It caused my front Crossmember to have a little dent so I had it fixed by means of PUKPOK! Everything went well. Had it painted (wash-over I think was the term) and now it looks brand new na but the problem I'm having now is the hood doesnt pop up when I try to open it! Kelangan pang 2 tao para mabuksan ung hood! I have to hold the hood release switch (sorry dont know what its called) and someone would lift the hood to get it open. Ayaw ko na ipagalaw ung ilalim ng car ko kasi nga bago was-over lang. Is their any other way to fix this? Para kasi siyang kulang sa spring to pop the hood! HELP!

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your accident also slightly twisted your car's front chassis resulting in your hood getting stuck.

A remedy is to re-align the hood release catch so it wouldn't get stuck. Loosen the bolts to the catch and shift it a little left or right and re-tighten and see if it helps. Just a matter of trial and error.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Your accident also slightly twisted your car's front chassis resulting in your hood getting stuck.

A remedy is to re-align the hood release catch so it wouldn't get stuck. Loosen the bolts to the catch and shift it a little left or right and re-tighten and see if it helps. Just a matter of trial and error.
    Thanks for replying dude! I'll definitely try that. I hope that the popping thing when I pull the release catch comes back! It doesnt do the thing na eh...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensabanur View Post
    Hi Guys! I need some advice! I just had a bit of an accident. It caused my front Crossmember to have a little dent so I had it fixed by means of PUKPOK! Everything went well. Had it painted (wash-over I think was the term) and now it looks brand new na but the problem I'm having now is the hood doesnt pop up when I try to open it! Kelangan pang 2 tao para mabuksan ung hood! I have to hold the hood release switch (sorry dont know what its called) and someone would lift the hood to get it open. Ayaw ko na ipagalaw ung ilalim ng car ko kasi nga bago was-over lang. Is their any other way to fix this? Para kasi siyang kulang sa spring to pop the hood! HELP!

Thanks in advance!
    Try the dent repair shop of Frankline, I had my Mazda that has the same
    problem and they were able to do it very well...it is at 31 examiner st at West triangle in Quezon City, try the west ave and when you reach cabalen opposite of Don Henrico,s then that's the road. good luck

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by voaquino View Post
    Try the dent repair shop of Frankline, I had my Mazda that has the same
    problem and they were able to do it very well...it is at 31 examiner st at West triangle in Quezon City, try the west ave and when you reach cabalen opposite of Don Henrico,s then that's the road. good luck
    Bro can I ask what did they do sa car mo? And how much damage?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

I tried using this technique and still no good results. It still doesnt pop up. Also it only does up and down with the adjustment.

Help: Nissan Sentra GX Hood