New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Good day sa inyo mga sir.

Newbie here. I own a Nissan Navara D40 AT, hand down from my father, ang alam ko 2006 or 2007 po siya nakuha.
    Patulong po sana ako bago ko siya dalin sa mechanic. Medyo kulang pa po kasi alam ko sa mga ganito. Para alam ko gagawin ko or sasabihin ko pag dinala ko na.

Bale ito po ang story:
    Middle of September po nagstart yung problem. Di ko po alam kung ano ang cause. So every morning, pag ginagamit ko siya, okay naman. Walang problems.
    Pero pag dating ng afternoon nafefeel ko na ayaw niyang mag-automatically shift sa higher gear. Tapos di siya umaangat ng more than 2 RPMs. 40 to 50 kph lang ang takbo. And nagbubuga siya ng Thick Black Smoke.

What I did was, I replaced the Air Filter kasi yun sinuggest ng tatay ko. Naglagay din po ako ng Fuel Additive for Diesel, yung Injector and Carburator cleaner sa gas tank ko which is another suggestion from him. And even tried the ECU reset (Soft reset and Hard reset) pero wala pa ring change.

Ano po kaya puwede kong gawin? Or ano po kaya ang cause nitong problem?

I'm planning on a long drive this Sunday pa naman sana. So sana may easy fix lang or sana may mai-recommend kayong mechanic.

Thank you po sa lahat ng mag rereply.

EDIT:
    Kakachange oil din po namin siya last August.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Check/ clean the Suction Control Valve, MAF, fuel filters-also bleed the line. EGR valve could also be the culprit. Search na lang for those parts on how to check, it was discussed multiple times here in tsikot.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    probably the fuel filters clogged, it happened to me once same problem...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sounds like you're in Limp mode/Engine protect. Check fuel filter if it has water accumulation. It will probably have a bleed screw. Bleed it. Then try again.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Have you checked the air intake tube? It might have collapsed before you replaced the air filter. It happens when the air filter is long overdue for replacement + overzealous right foot.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thank you guys for your replies. Just changed my Fuel Filters, cleaned the EGR, no problem on the Air intake. That leaves the Suction Control Valve, anyone knows where I can get this checked? Or if there's a self-fix?

It's just weird that it runs smoothly every morning, tapos magloloko siya every afternoon, or what I've observed was after 30 kms. No Power (Doesn't climb after 2k RPM and 40 to 60 kph) + Thick Black Smoke from the exhaust.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thank you guys for your replies. Just changed my Fuel Filters, cleaned the EGR, no problem on the Air intake. That leaves the Suction Control Valve, anyone knows where I can get this checked? Or if there's a self-fix?

It's just weird that it runs smoothly every morning, tapos magloloko siya every afternoon, or what I've observed was after 30 kms. No Power (Doesn't climb after 2k RPM and 40 to 60 kph) + Thick Black Smoke from the exhaust.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Dela Cruz View Post

*Mac dela cruz,
    try cleaning your SCV, 12vdc had cleaned his SCV and he had posted the instructions in the Navara forum and here's the link... it might help.
    http://tsikot.com/forums/nissan-cars-talk-76/nissan-frontier-navara-[continued]-72895/index243.html

9. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Dela Cruz View Post

sir just asking halimbawa hindi na sya nag shift na try mo na ba i off ang engine after 10 seconds pag start mo ule oka na naman ba sya ule?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Have you tried cleaning the maf sensor? Clean injectors also.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tsikot Forums mobile app