New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I used that on our old b14 several years ago and it worked well. Just have have an usapan with the surplus shop that you can return and replace it within a certain number of days if it does not run on your car.

Hello Sir,

Good Day. Sorry to interrupt. I also had a 1996 Nissan Sentra series 3. Binili ko ito before as sencond hand. Initially ang issue nito is yung Idle problem. So me and my brother started to troubleshoot this issue by isolating parts. Nagpalit na ko ng Fuel Filter, High Tension Wire, Oil Filter, Fuel Rail, Throttle Body at pina-repair ko na din yung Computer Box. Hanggang sa recently, pina-general overhaul ko na yung Engine at Power steering kasi sabi ng mekaniko ko, madami na din tagas sa pang-ilalim. Also, I took the risk na ipa-overhaul na kasi nag baka sakali ako na dun na maayos ng mabuti yung nissan ko.

Unfortunately, same problem pa din. So currently, we are analyzing that the only suspect that causes that problem is yung Wiring na naka-kabit sa IAC Valve at yung Idle Air Control Valve (IAC Valve) itself.

Can someone please help me kung saan ako makakabili nun? I will appreciate any response.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfallAces View Post
    Hello Sir,

Good Day. Sorry to interrupt. I also had a 1996 Nissan Sentra series 3. Binili ko ito before as sencond hand. Initially ang issue nito is yung Idle problem. So me and my brother started to troubleshoot this issue by isolating parts. Nagpalit na ko ng Fuel Filter, High Tension Wire, Oil Filter, Fuel Rail, Throttle Body at pina-repair ko na din yung Computer Box. Hanggang sa recently, pina-general overhaul ko na yung Engine at Power steering kasi sabi ng mekaniko ko, madami na din tagas sa pang-ilalim. Also, I took the risk na ipa-overhaul na kasi nag baka sakali ako na dun na maayos ng mabuti yung nissan ko.

Unfortunately, same problem pa din. So currently, we are analyzing that the only suspect that causes that problem is yung Wiring na naka-kabit sa IAC Valve at yung Idle Air Control Valve (IAC Valve) itself.

Can someone please help me kung saan ako makakabili nun? I will appreciate any response.
    hey!
    you're the first post-er here after ten years!

i used to have a 96 sentra EX 1.4 na EFI, purchased new. i am not sure if we have the same engine.
    after its 8th year or so, it wouldn't idle for long, before it died. it even died on the street when i put it in neutral and released the silinyador pedal, coasting from higher speed.
    i asked around, and someone recommended this shop in banawe. (i'm not sure if it is still there, now. i don't remember the name, either.)
    i brought it over, and the old-timer mechanic looked it over for a few minutes, playing with the silinyador.
    then he turned that large screw under the air filter counterclockwise by about half a turn.
    that solved the problem.
    "sakal lang po."

that car was popular, back then.
    my best bet for sourcing your parts nowadays, brand new or surplus, would be banawe in QC.
    but be warned: purchasing surplus electronic parts, "is dangerous".

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 13th, 2019 at 09:44 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Help with my Nissan Sentra Series 3