New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Experts,

Baka naman may makakatulong sa inyo sa akin about my nissan serena. It is a diesel model na converted, galing Subic. Ilang beses na kasi ipinaayos ung aircon pero after a few days wala na naman ulit lamig. We did leak tests, cleaning, refill of ng freon pero bumabalik lang ulit sa dati.

Any suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Thats the common problem for imported converted vehicles, I dont think repairing it will solve the problem - I suggest you totally replace your aircon system or atleast the major components - Compressor, evaporator, valves etc.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmm parang ganiyan din problem namin sa civic dati. kung ano-ano na pinapalit dun pati compressor fan and belt muntik na nga pati compressor. Buti na lang a friend told nung pinagawa niya pick-up niya at a shop near araneta pinalitan lang expansion valve. I tried it also halos 1 year na good as new yung lamig ng aircon. Hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suggestion is to try another a/c shop in your area. Yung medyo reputable and yung madali balikan in case may backjob.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Go try another shop for second opinion.

Got the same dilema on Lancer having back jobs for the 7th desperate try and there's was no leak and still they load and load freon everytime but will just work for 3-7 days.

Finally brought it to another shop and they say that nothing was wrong with my mechanical parts after doing a pressure test - problem was due to electrical wirings. They told me it was loaded with freon above the normal pressure....wehehehe they are correct since it was loaded 7 times with freon in the previuos shop

To be sure they rewire the aircon system and replace those relays/sockets and it was working up to now They corrected it in one shot

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pag exapansion valve, dapat detected na 'yan pag prinessure test.

Help me with my NIssan Serena