New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Would like to inquire for those folks who have tried to do change engine from GA16DNE to GA15DE (japan surplus). Any noticeable difference in terms of power and torque?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Why do you have to change the engine? GA15DE is 1.5L compared with the GA16DNE which is 1.6L. A bigger displacement engine is much more powerful and responsive, in this case fuel consumption of 1.6L is almost the same with a 1.5L. In my case, GA16DE (B13 ECCS) fuel consumption is almost the same as a 1.3L, 10km/L on normal driving.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Why a GA15DE sir eh pareho lang naman fuel injected yun?
    ECCS pa nga yung sa GA16DE eh diba?

If you want fuel economy, I think you can't get noticeable gains switching from 1.6 to 1.5.

Power and torque? You get less of both from the 1.5.
    Last edited by isa1023; March 25th, 2010 at 01:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ako po ginawa ko ito from GA16dne to GA15de. no choice ako nalubog oto ko e. para mas mabilis magamit I opted for GA15de kesa mag SR20 ako.

power halos pareho lang may feeling lang ako noon na mas aggressive GA15de pero sa tingin ko ngayon same lang e. Per wikipedia they have the same HP rating di ko sure kung totoo yun.

consumption halos walang pinagkaiba.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by colt View Post
    ako po ginawa ko ito from GA16dne to GA15de. no choice ako nalubog oto ko e. para mas mabilis magamit I opted for GA15de kesa mag SR20 ako.

power halos pareho lang may feeling lang ako noon na mas aggressive GA15de pero sa tingin ko ngayon same lang e. Per wikipedia they have the same HP rating di ko sure kung totoo yun.

consumption halos walang pinagkaiba.
    The guy said it. Almost the same lang pala. So why change engine diba? At least mas sure ka sa stock GA16DNE mo (history, factory-installed etc),..

You'll never know the history of the GA15DE you'll get from the jap surplus.

GA15DE Transplant