New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Where in the article is the CVT? Medyo misleading subject. . . Nissan's sales fell dahil they pulled back on incentives, pending new models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    which is non cvt in nissans lineup aside from their diesel pickups and vans?

FOCUS

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    saw a nissan altima maybe a 16 or 17... cant get over an incline The Fall of Nissan CVT

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    saw a nissan altima maybe a 16 or 17... cant get over an incline The Fall of Nissan CVT

What kind of incline are you talking about? Just wondering because we recently got back from 2 road trips where we took highways that went up the Arizona mountains. No problems keeping up with the 65 mph speed limit (we were doing 70 mph) while climbing and with a full load of passengers/luggage.

Oh. We used the wife's 2013 Rogue SV.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 18th, 2018 at 06:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Our 2015 CVT equipped Xtrail is purring along nicely as well. This one has 70Tkm on it.

Remember when people used to shy away from A/T's because they say they wouldn't last as long as M/T's? These days you practically have to beg someone to buy your old M/T car. Early versions of new tech will always have their teething problems.

I also suspect some of those failures had a lot to do with the CVTF not being changed at the right intervals (if at all) or replaced with ATF 😱

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Where in the article is the CVT? Medyo misleading subject. . . Nissan's sales fell dahil they pulled back on incentives, pending new models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nalito din ako.

Parang di akma yung title ng thread?

Exaggerated much?

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Yung sa di makaahon, malamang naninibago pa lang yung mayari ng CVT, or first time driving it.

Pag umaandar ka na and you stop the car for a bit then try to accelerate again, the transmission is not usually in the "First gear". Para bang nasa 2nd gear siya na pinipilit mo umahon paakyat.

You have 2 options, hold the brake long enough so the CVT shifts down to first gear, or shift it to low gear mode.

It is not a failure of the CVT but just that the driver is not used to the CVT.

Please take note, when CVTs first came to market worldwide, a lot of mechanics/owners didn't know that it used a different type of transmission fluid, CVTF, not ATF. Some owners mistakenly changed the fluid to ATF causing problems to the transmission.

Additionally, CVTF needs to be change depending on use case scenario or mileage. Ive already had my CVTF Checked and it is still clean enough to use. Normal CVTF interval for full replacement is around 80k if memory serves me right, but if you are always stuck in bumper to bumper Manila traffic, that 80k mileage will drop down. So you have to have your casa check the quality of your transmission fluid to make sure it is still usable or if it needs replacement.

I'm very happy with my Sylphy CVT, still smooth. If Nissan tells me to change CVTF, I'd gladly pay for the replacement than risk damaging my transmission and shelling out for a bigger headache down the line just because I wanted to scrimp in the maintenance expenses.

Family also owns a Honda City 2007 model i-Dsi with CVT. That required CVTF change when the transmission started to jerk a little in low gears, luckily the belts weren't damaged (these were connected to the manual mode which is prone to failure on this model). I think the mileage for that was around 60k only. Was able to save the transmission in time by having it checked else I'd need to shell out around 40k minimum based on other owners of the same car who suffered with the transmission.

So Honda, for its part, also had CVT woes. It was only until recently that Toyota shifted to CVTs right?The previous gen altis was regular AT only. Only the current gen Dual VVTi model are using CVTs.

Regular AT also needs to change ATF. I cant remember the interval of changing it though but I know it is not as "sensitive" since gear ratios are fixed.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    What kind of incline are you talking about? Just wondering because we recently got back from 2 road trips where we took highways that went up the Arizona mountains. No problems keeping up with the 65 mph speed limit (we were doing 70 mph) while climbing and with a full load of passengers/luggage.

Oh. We used the wife's 2013 Rogue SV.

Did the cheeky looking little doggy join you on your road trip?

Sorry OT

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    #6 and #19

Car Problem Trends | CarComplaints.com

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast