New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    [url=https://jalopnik.com/was-carlos-ghosn-whacked-1830569053<title>Was Carlos Ghosn Whacked?[/url]

I talked about this a bit in today’s Morning Shift, but the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance has been inherently weird from the get-go. Nissan wasn’t doing too hot in the late 1990s, so it looked for support from the much smaller Renault, and a deal was made that both companies couldn’t refuse. It wouldn’t be a real merger, but in exchange for a heavy cash injection from Renault (and by extension the French government, which owns part of Renault) Nissan would pay a heavy price.

I was about to post this article from jalopnik.

Apparently the Renault-Nissan alliance was only to the French car makers' advantage. Renault had a controlling stake at Nissan. While Nissan did have a stake with Renaut, but its a non-controlling one. Nissan was just waiting for someone to make a mistake from their counterparts to initiate what i suspect.

I suspect either they will pull a brexit out of their alliance, or negotiate a fair deal with Renault.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Di lang underreporting. Pati toilet paper ata sagot ng Nissan....

Nissan's Ghosn arrest in Japan: France also ousts Renault CEO - Business Insider
    check out this civil wedding / birthday party at Versailles

yes he rented the The Grand Trianon chateau at Versailles

Marie Antoinette theme (even hired actors wearing 18th century costume)

120 guests

Carole and Carlos Ghosn Threw a Wedding Fit For a King and Queen

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "he's over-spending me! ...off with his head!"
    i don't like competition!
    - louie

errr... that second guy to his left.
    isn't he that famous parfumer? heh heh.

i wonder, who footed the bill?
    Last edited by dr. d; November 21st, 2018 at 10:50 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Masakit talaga sa kalooban ng Nissan na sila source of profit pero less say sa decision-making. hehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Masakit talaga sa kalooban ng Nissan na sila source of profit pero less say sa decision-making. hehe
    Mas masakit if matuluyan yun merging ng Renault and Nissan. I'm sure mawawala na Nissan sa mundo if nangyari yan since they have no voting rights. Next na mawawala is Mitsubishi. If everything goes by the French plan, they will be the No. 1 car maker in the world under Renault brand.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If the French govt stayed out of their business, the Japs probably won't need to oust Gohsn. France need Renault to make their economy strong so it is trying to merge the entire Nissan and Mitsubishi company to Renault. But Renault is talking to Daimler to strengthen their position so let's see how this tug of war goes.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Popcorn mode din ako sa teleserye na ito. Hehehe

My bet is, Nissan will negotiate for a fairer deal with Renault. The one where they also have a controlling stake with their French Counterpart.

I was a bit irritated when Saitama was lambasting Ghosn when he was interviewed. Yes he did those things but the man was responsible for turning Nissan around. No Japanese CEO at that time can do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast