New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    makes sense that he under reported his salary

para hindi mainggit mga hapon

the guy makes 10X what a japanese CEO makes
    Last edited by uls; November 20th, 2018 at 04:35 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    "But the CEO also took a swipe at the Renault-Nissan partnership, saying the Japanese market had been undervalued and that some product decisions were biased."

"Part of the lopsided power structure stems from the fact that Nissan has grown into the larger of the two by deliveries and sales, but has less say. Renault owns just over 43 percent of Nissan, compared with the Japanese company’s 15 percent stake in the French partner. It also boasts full voting rights in the alliance, while Nissan has none."

Source: Bloomberg

I guess Nissan got fed up with this setup. Renault needs Nissan more now compared to before.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Kaya pala lugi ang Nissan eh.

Barat.
    Difference ng corporate culture plus nauuso na ang whistleblowing sa Japan due to advances in corporate governance

Follow the news here: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Barat.
    Difference ng corporate culture plus nauuso na ang whistleblowing sa Japan due to advances in corporate governance

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Barat.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    makes sense that he under reported his salary

para hindi mainggit mga hapon

the guy makes 10X what a japanese CEO makes
    Nag-boomerang.

In the end, nainggit pa rin mga japs, at sinumbong siya.

Sisipain na rin sa kumpanya.

Mukhang makukulong pa.

Dog eat dog world.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Di lang underreporting. Pati toilet paper ata sagot ng Nissan....

Nissan's Ghosn arrest in Japan: France also ousts Renault CEO - Business Insider

Brazil-born Ghosn, 64, was arrested in Tokyo following allegations of misconduct with claims that he underreported his salary with the help of fellow director Greg Kelly. Japanese broadcaster NHK also said Nissan paid tens of millions of dollars towards his residences in various global cities, while paying hundreds of thousands towards his family vacations.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [url=https://jalopnik.com/was-carlos-ghosn-whacked-1830569053<title>Was Carlos Ghosn Whacked?[/url]

I talked about this a bit in today’s Morning Shift, but the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance has been inherently weird from the get-go. Nissan wasn’t doing too hot in the late 1990s, so it looked for support from the much smaller Renault, and a deal was made that both companies couldn’t refuse. It wouldn’t be a real merger, but in exchange for a heavy cash injection from Renault (and by extension the French government, which owns part of Renault) Nissan would pay a heavy price.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Di lang underreporting. Pati toilet paper ata sagot ng Nissan....

Nissan's Ghosn arrest in Japan: France also ousts Renault CEO - Business Insider
    perhaps it was not mentioned in either the "allowed" and "not-allowed" clauses, of the contract.
    so he assumed it was his call.

i am not an expert on japanese culture, but i get this impression that to rein in and control their warrior history streak, their culture has to assume a code of conduct... like in Qo'noS.
    pity the poor gaijin who was not properly indocrinated...

i wish the lurid details were available in the public media.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    If Ghosn was a Philippine politician, even his mistress's maids, drivers, bodyguards, gardener, and manicurist would easily and naturally be for the account of the Philippine government. Not to mention the tuition fees of all the mistress's children, if not the mistress herself who might still be studying in school.

Seriously, though, the man was credited with turning Nissan Japan around, and they niggle that he's getting paid higher than Toyota's chairman? "Ingrato" as some Filipinos would utter in disgust.

Carlos Ghosn Felt Stars Deserved Big Pay. His Accusers Say He Took That Too Far. - The New York Times

"In Japan, Mr. Ghosn’s pay far outstripped those of his counterparts. As chairman of Nissan last year, he reported income of ¥735 million, more than four times the pay of Toyota’s chairman.

“There was always a disconnect between Western management salaries and Japanese management salaries,” said Christopher Richter, deputy head of Japan research at CLSA, an investment and brokerage group. Even though “compared to executives in other countries, some people would regard him as underpaid,” Mr. Richter added, “I guess you could say there was something of a culture clash in that.”

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My money is on all this being a consequence of Nissan's board rejecting the merger with Renault more than anything else.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    My money is on all this being a consequence of Nissan's board rejecting the merger with Renault more than anything else.
    yup.
    akin to al capone being jailed for tax evasion.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast