New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    He stepped down as CEO of Nissan last April 1, 2017. Thats not an april fools joke.
    Carlos Ghosn - Wikipedia

Look at their sales figures. Open the April 2018 chart. Puro pula makikita mo.
    NISSAN | For Investors | Sales, production and exports results | 218

Im No analyst but just look at our own market, at least the asean market where the biggest sellers are sub-compact cars & PPV’s. Nissan has no contender in the sub compact car category. While the PPV? They came in too late. Nissan already knows they cannot beat Toyota & Honda on this game. So they are focusing their efforts elsewhere. I hope it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have the Almera for the subcompact category.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    He stepped down as CEO of Nissan last April 1, 2017. Thats not an april fools joke.
    Carlos Ghosn - Wikipedia

Im No analyst but just look at our own market, at least the asean market where the biggest sellers are sub-compact cars & PPV’s. Nissan has no contender in the sub compact car category. While the PPV? They came in too late. Nissan already knows they cannot beat Toyota & Honda on this game. So they are focusing their efforts elsewhere. I hope it works.

The ASEAN market is smaller compared to Europe and North America. Renault-Nissan is currently among top 3 automobile groups in the together with VW Group and Toyota Group. The acquisition of Mitsubishi has placed them there. Even without Mitsu, Renault-Nissan holds a bigger share of the world market compared to Ford, GM, or Honda. They have a wider range of products compared to Ford or Honda, not to mention that Nissan owns a big part of Jatco which provides a lot of trannies to other manufacturers.

Focus2move| World Car Group Ranking - The Top 25 Manufacturers 218

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think this is a move by the Japanese govt to remove the influence of France from Nissan. Macron wants to take full control of Nissan which of course the Japanese won't allow. The removal of Carlos Ghosn will weaken France's influence hence they investigated heavily to find faults to have a reason to take him out.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    dunno what the fuss is about

the guy isn't a Steve Jobs equivalent

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    They have the Almera for the subcompact category.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Puro flop ang unit nila gaya niyan almera at grand livina yung nissan sylphy Bihira din makita sa daan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    dunno what the fuss is about

the guy isn't a Steve Jobs equivalent

It's minimizing risk and profiting later. I'm sure many people sold off their Apple stocks then profited as well when Steve Jobs died.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    point is nobody's irreplaceable

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    point is nobody's irreplaceable
    Agreed!

Sent from my ASUS_Z017D using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Carlos Ghosn - Wikipedia

Really?! Maybe they meant firing eh as Chairman of the consortium.

Admittedly they dont have bold ideas when it comes to design. Personally i went for the Terra as its a new face and feature are okay. Otherwise it was a toss up between everest and the fort.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    I think this is a move by the Japanese govt to remove the influence of France from Nissan. Macron wants to take full control of Nissan which of course the Japanese won't allow. The removal of Carlos Ghosn will weaken France's influence hence they investigated heavily to find faults to have a reason to take him out.
    Maybe! But then again if he did nothing wrong he wouldn't be in this position.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast