New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Guys, inquire lang ako sa mga owner or naging owner ng Exalta STA (00-01 models). Ano ang actual fuel consumption nito? Saka ano ba ang mga areas of concern sa ownership ng Exalta? I know medyo makupad pero ok na din kase maganda ang features at biased talaga kami sa Nissan brand. We have faith sa quality nito. We are considering of buying one kasi. Thanks. Hope to hear some feedbacks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Guys, inquire lang ako sa mga owner or naging owner ng Exalta STA (00-01 models). Ano ang actual fuel consumption nito? Saka ano ba ang mga areas of concern sa ownership ng Exalta? I know medyo makupad pero ok na din kase maganda ang features at biased talaga kami sa Nissan brand. We have faith sa quality nito. We are considering of buying one kasi. Thanks. Hope to hear some feedbacks.
    Depends on the condition. With all the sensors working properly and the automatic transmission in good condition, I'd wager around 8 km/l in city traffic... but it's been a long time, so I'm not so sure anymore. With a dirty MAF sensor or other issues, fuel economy can go down the crapper.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    My 2000 STA is my daily workhorse and still averages 6-8 km per liter city driving. I normally run 90 to 100km per week and my gas budget is only P500. Highway driving averages 10km per liter. BTW, my odo reading is 74k.

A lot of things has been said about this model, but "makupad" is not one of them. I recently went to Subic and tried out the new highway. My car went 160km/hr and I can feel the engine can do more but slowed down to 120 because my wife got nervous.

Maintenance Concerns:

• The beige leather interior is difficult to clean. But then, there's nothing like being in a car with real leather.
    • You'll need to regularly clean the drain hoses of the sunroof.
    • Runs best on 95 octane gas. The higher the octane, the better.
    • Regularly change the oil, spark plugs and air filters. This is necessary to keep it running in top condition. This means yearly.
    • It tends to eat brake pads like my son eats potato chips, probably due to its power assisted braking system. But, complete replacement for all disc brakes is only P1.5k, not including labor. My mechanic loves replacing my pads because its very easy. No adjustments needed, the car will automatically adjust to the new pads.

My only major expense so far:

• Replacement radiator that costs P5k. I bought a locally made radiator and its all metal instead of the original with plastic top. One year old and so far so good.
    • I also spent around 7k to replace joints, rods, bushings, and bearings. There's really nothing wrong with the ride, its purely preventive since the car is over 6 years old at that time.
    • Spent 2k to have my alternator serviced. This was 2 years ago.
    • Replaced tires with wider 15" tires. This improved handling and traction.

What's still good:

• It's still "one click" cold start. There was never an instance that I had to repeat turning the key to start the engine.
    • All accessories & features still work (power windows, speed sensing locks, keyless entry, alarm, backup sensor, stereo, power antenna)
    • The climate control aircon can still still cool the car in less than 5 minutes even in the middle of summer.
    • Auto tranny is still smooth. I only notice "shift shocks" when I'm a little hard on the accelerator.
    • The transmission oil is still immaculate. I plan to change it though just to be safe.
    • Braking is excellent. Nose doesn't dive when hard braking.
    • ABS works. I had 2 near misses, and trust me, they work!
    • I never encountered an instance where I have to add engine oil.
    • I inspected the undechassis recently. No rust, holes or leaks.
    • Shocks and springs still has a very good ride.
    • Recently went through almost knee high flood water. No water seepage into the cabin.
    • Everytime I go for smoke emission test, the technician always repeats the test. They always say the reading is too low.

Exalta STA inquiry