New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 16VE will be fun... but I agree with GH... too rare... too little potential... and it's also expensive.

If you want something rare and expensive, the SR20VE already has 190 bhp... a tuned one makes 190 whp on the dyno. That's more than enough to take on even Civic Type Rs.

An SR20DE with good tuning does around 145-150 whp on the dyno. That's more than enough to trounce a B16A... because while you can get 150+ whp with a B16A with the same level of mods, the SR20's torque will make short work of it on the way to redline.

We used an Altima gearbox and cut-down Altima axles on my swap. Not quite as good as getting a set originally intended for the Sentra/SE-R/Lucino/Pulsar chassis. It'll do unless you're drag racing (which can strip a machined drive axle). You'll have to hunt... I know one or two guys who managed to get the JDM transmission with an LSD, but that's a very, very rare occurrence.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    rb26dett nalang i salpak nyo baka all out na B-series maka laro nyo sa daan

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Yan eh kung magkasya. Kung magkasya man, ang tanong for how long?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    An RB isn't even worth considering.

The RB26 barely... barely fits underneath the hood of the Nissan Silvia. And even then, you have to clearance and remove some engine bracing to get it right. And that's a bigger car than the Sentra. For the Sentra, you'll have to cut out the firewall and move the driver's seat probably six to eight inches back. Then you have to cut out the center section of the chasssis to take the transmission, and channel the exhaust section to make way for the prop-shaft.

You'll have to replace the rear beam axle and rear suspension. The easiest way to do this is to get a local A32 Cefiro, chop the rear end up, remove the floorpan of the Sentra behind the front seats, then weld everything together, bracing it with tubes (might as well build a roll-cage into that while you're at it. This will also make fitting the gas tank easier, since the Sentra gas tank won't fit around the prop-shaft.

The rear track will be too wide, but you can fix that by cutting down axles or perhaps even sourcing Silvia axles.

Then, after all that, you'll have to find springs and shocks for the Sentra that can actually take the weight of the RB26. And you'll have to figure out how to fit the steering rack under the engine... as I'm not sure it'll fit. You can probably go to the Cefiro for this, also... or look for Silvia parts.

Should cost somewhere around half-a-million bucks... not including the car or the engine itself... so maybe eight hundred thousand pesos in work, fabrication and swapping...

Or, you could buy an old Cefiro for just 100k pesos, and swap an RB26 into it. Infinitely easier, since the rear-engined Cefiro has an RB-engine in it, already.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
engine upgrade of SS series 3 from GA16DNE to SR20