New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw View Post
    bali ang gagawin ko is after charging the battery, i coconnect ko between the negative pole of the battery to the negative cable of the car.... then dapat 30 milliamps ung readin,, then 1 by one alisin ko fuse then pag di nag drop balik ko ulit then sa ibang fuse naman..

that's affirmative, connect the red test probe to the negative battery post, the black test probe to the negative cable and observe the reading on the digital multimeter. or you can use a high impedance 12 volt test light connected between the cable and the post. when the test light turns off or is at its dimmest light emission, you have located the general area of the drain. now, it is time to pinpoint which of the branch circuits has the problem

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    check if you have a trunk light that is activated by a mercury switch and an engine compartment that is also mercury switch activated. sometimes, with all the aftermarket accessory you install in the car has too much parasitic current draw like the car alarm, aftermarket music player. try disconnecting all the loads that were not indigenous to the car

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    But i already brought my car to the auto electrical shop. they test it using a bulb. but the bulb doesn't light. then we test to open the door the the bulb light. then close again then the bulb turned off. So according to them there is no draining taking place. I wonder what would be the other test.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Mag try ka ng ibang electrical shop sir, yung Rey's Electrical shop ba na pinuntahan mo eh dun sa Tuazon, marikina? kailangan talaga matrace yung nagdrain ng battery mo

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    But i already brought my car to the auto electrical shop. they test it using a bulb. but the bulb doesn't light. then we test to open the door the the bulb light. then close again then the bulb turned off. So according to them there is no draining taking place. I wonder what would be the other test.
    when you say testing using a bulb, it is not just any bulb. it has to be the test light with high impedance. the light bulb is not sensitive to very low current. change your "electrician". he is an amateur

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi every one. Bali before na isolate ko na ung problem. it is the alarm. pag nagagalaw ung sasakyan. tumataas ung amp ng .06 nag palit na ako ng alarm which is nag normal na sya ng .02 amps. so ok na lahat.

then after a month. na drain nanaman ung battery ko. nung sinukat ko naging .40 amps na sya so malaki ung drain ko. ganito kasi yan. pag sinusi ko sa on pero di start ang engine then susi ko sa off nag reregister sa multimeter ko .40 amp. ang ginawa ko reconnect ung battery sukat ko ulit balik sya .02 normal., then on ko ulit ung car without starting the engine balik ulit sya ng .40 amps pag off ko. gagawin ko bago ko sya ipark rereconnect ko ung battery which is hassle bubuksan ko hood tapos rereconnect ko ung battery. any idea kung anu ung nag dradrain na un/.?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    *TS,

meron ka bang additional lighting installation or may nagalaw ba sa electricals mo recently prior to the battery draining incident?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi every one. Bali before na isolate ko na ung problem. it is the alarm. pag nagagalaw ung sasakyan. tumataas ung amp ng .06 nag palit na ako ng alarm which is nag normal na sya ng .02 amps. so ok na lahat.

then after a month. na drain nanaman ung battery ko. nung sinukat ko naging .40 amps na sya so malaki ung drain ko. ganito kasi yan. pag sinusi ko sa on pero di start ang engine then susi ko sa off nag reregister sa multimeter ko .40 amp. ang ginawa ko reconnect ung battery sukat ko ulit balik sya .02 normal., then on ko ulit ung car without starting the engine balik ulit sya ng .40 amps pag off ko. gagawin ko bago ko sya ipark rereconnect ko ung battery which is hassle bubuksan ko hood tapos rereconnect ko ung battery. any idea kung anu ung nag dradrain na un/.?
    can you check the aircon relay? this happened to me before on my civic. the relay was intermittently functioning kaya minsan lagi sya naka-engaged even when engine is OFF. kaya tuloy the aircon relay is consuming power but that not much too instantly drain your battery. Minsan 2 to 3 days ok, then sablay na ulit...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Nagpa top overhaul ako then after nun naging ganun na.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Ung sa aircon relay di ko sure pero tama 2 or 3 days nga na drain ung batt ko

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Draining Battery When Park for 3 days