New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Since i took out my leaf spings and had them re-bent. m planning to do a spring over axle on my mk patrol to gain more ground clerance. anyone has any tips for me. thanks.

bazilica,

thanks for the website in outer limits

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doing SPOA will definitely need major caster adjustments. You will have more hard time returning it back to center after making a turn.

Wait, didn't you just had your shackles extended?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mints:::sandali lang pag re-bent, in a month time balik ulit sa dati. buy new leafs it will serve you better in the long run.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hi alfred and ungas. i'm postponing the spoa first cuz the lift of my bent springs gave me an additional 2inch lift. so now i have a total of 4 inches with the new shackles. i will till plan to do the spoa when my spings sagg again. fortunately with the 4 inch lift. i did not have to extend my propeler shafts.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    magkano pa bend ng leafs? :D

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hi notewothy

the metal works shop belongs to a freint of mine that closed shop. so i just gave a big tip to the bantay to bend my springs. so i don't know how much other shops charge.

if you plan to bend your springs be prepared to change your shox if ever. all my original shx are too short now. unlike a spring over axle spings and shx stay the same. if you plan to do a spoa. dont bend your springs.

another thing. to compensate the draglink angle. i reversed the position of the tie rod ends. this required my to bring my diferencial to the machine shope.

Doing a Spring over Axle on my MK Patrol