New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hehe... 1st and foremost the nick "eccs" is not like the lancer itlog, pizza, fish ball or the civic kuba, kwago, singkit..watever. It stands for ELECTRONIC CONCENTRATED ENGINE CONTROLLED SYSTEM... Yun ang pinakamalupit, good accel, fast and nimble.. actually b13's are said to be more aerodynamic that the latter b14s and so on... and by the way all those cars ur inquiring all have TWIN CAMS or DOHC, actually these babys were the 1st to have it in its time, in it's class (vs corollas, lancer, civics etc.), kaya pagnakasakay ka sa taxi with a b13, ask mo "manong twin cam pla to no?, he'll probably reply, "ay oo! sa hatakan pa lang wala na cnabi mga taxing corola or lancer". B13s esp. eccs classic and maganda pa to pormahan up to now. They were even called "tsurus" in the U.S and north america, popular batch to lalo na ang SE-R version nila nito (SR20 motor), wala nga lang nito dito. Trivia: In Mexicos these tsuru's are so damned popular they are still CURRENTLY manufacturing it up to now!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Slight correction.

Tsuru is a Mexican-market name. The only Tusurus in the U.S. are those rebadged by immigrants (sort of like at tribute to their home country).

But yes, they are still in production. It has replaced the classic VW Beetle as the fleet favorite for taxi companies, police departments, companies, etc.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNITED View Post
    hehe... 1st and foremost the nick "eccs" is not like the lancer itlog, pizza, fish ball or the civic kuba, kwago, singkit..watever. It stands for ELECTRONIC CONCENTRATED ENGINE CONTROLLED SYSTEM...
    Yup, mentioned that earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    ECCS = Electronic Concentrated Engine Control System.
    Super Saloon/ SE Saloon
    Engine Model: GA16DE
    Max Power: 110 PS * 6000 rpm
    Max Torque: 14.0 kg-m * 4000 rpm
    I guess its more on how people use it... the RP market series II Sentra Super Saloon was the first Sentra to have ECCS so they call it the "ECCS"...
    The 1989 Corolla GL... I remember some people calling it the "16-valve" Corolla.... some of them were not even sure what valves were, but it was always mentioned in the ads.
    Last edited by AG4; November 2nd, 2006 at 01:04 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ECCS is the street-term for that model. The one after it was called the Series III in bullet-type and big taillamp versions.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
difference about nissan sentra pls help...