New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i just want to know what was the differences of those nissan sentra cause there's ECCS, JX, LEC and more i think im not aware of this car's can pls anybdy help me to know what are the difference of this cars...thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    hello lowprofile. to answer your question about sentra models:

LEC: 1.3 16V carb engine, with power steering only. (the entry level class)

JX: 1.4 16V carb engine, with power steering/locks(or is it windows)

ECCS: (the cream of the crop) 1.6 16V EFI with all power amenities.

let's wait for other feedbacks though.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thank you very much sir now i have an idea about this cars i was planning to buy car kasi some of my friends ask me to buy his car and it was LEC and when i check it out here in tsikot theres 3 kind of nissan kaya d ko alam kung ano ung best sa kanila anyway you answer my question thanks again

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    no problem. i suggest if you have some serious buck to spend, you might as well try to buy the top of the line model - Super Saloon. loaded, with 4 wheel disc brakes and ABS. all power amenities.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I sometimes drive a 1994 JX
    -no power steering, no power windows, no power locks, no power mirrors
    -1.4 Twin Cam 16 valve carb engine (around 90 horses?)
    -two rear lap seatbelts
    -side door mouldings
    -trunk is not fully carpeted (areas of bare steel and has a vinly mat for the trunk floor)
    -steel rims
    -remote fuel filler door and trunk release

LEC:
    -no power features
    -only the LEC PS has power steering
    -steel rims
    -no door mouldings
    -available in pastel colors
    -3 lap seatbeltsbelts for rear seat passengers
    -no remote fuel filler and remote trunk relase

Then there was the 'Spirit' (a short lived variant):
    -basically a LEC PS with a lil more features (including color keyed bumpers)

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup...LEC PS lang yung may Power Steering.

I'd go for the ECCS myself, but as they're pretty old, you have to be careful when buying.

The ECCS was the best Sentra Nissan sold here... classic yun.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It was the last one with a fully independent suspension. Handling was great especially considering the econocar roots of the Sentra.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Sentra series 2 and series 3 are mechanically similar and differs pretty much in the rear suspension.

Series2 1992-1995 was equipped with fully independent rear suspension while the Series3 1996-1999 was given a "multi-link" rear bar suspension. The "multi-link" was marketed to give a better ride quality.

Series2 1.6L engine was the GA16DE which is rated at 110hp
    Series3 1.6L engine was the GA16DNE, rated at 105hp. The main difference is the air intake which was oriented downwards.

Earlier units of both Series2 & Series3 did not have ABS brakes so later models (with ABS) will be the preferred choice if you are looking for a second hand Sentra.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    talking bout B13 Sentras...

LEC-bare model comparable to XL Corollas, EL Lancers, LX 323s of the same year. had edge on the engine being 16valves and DOHC although a bit thirsty on fuel coz it carb 1.3L.

JX- 1.4L of the same 16valve, DOHC and carb type engine.
    13inch mag wheels, some got power steering some has none. bare stereo...not much after those. comparable to XE Corollas, GLi Lancers, LX Civics....

ECCS- 1.6L DOHC 16valve EFI (ECCS) engine. all power including antenna. some got 4 wheel disc brakes (SE Saloon)too (*Super Saloons really didnt have ABS nor 4wheel discs). nice light body and good handling...it's the last Sentra to use an IRS as of yet. rivals were GLi Corollas, GLXi Lancers, ESi Civics...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At the time (around 1993), the Nissan Sentra Super Saloon was the only one in its class to offer rear seatbelts, four wheel disc brakes, ABS (on later model SE's), and speed sensing door locks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
difference about nissan sentra pls help...