New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    good day fellow forumers.. the clutch release bearing of my sr20de is subject for change.. i just do not know how much will it cost if i am going to change.. guys, which is better? is it buying a surplus tranny or just change the defective parts.. anyway, it's a manual tranny..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by grayphoenix0524 View Post
    good day fellow forumers.. the clutch release bearing of my sr20de is subject for change.. i just do not know how much will it cost if i am going to change.. guys, which is better? is it buying a surplus tranny or just change the defective parts.. anyway, it's a manual tranny..

if your transaxle is not exhibiting any symptoms or problems, you might be better off with that one instead of an unknown condition used (surplus) one. clutch set is an expendable set of components: clutch plate, throw out bearing (clutch release bearing), pilot bearing and pressure plate. as with other operations, while the related parts are exposed ( rear crankshaft seal, transaxle input shaft seal), it would be a very wise decision to include them in the maintenance procedure. the seals might not be leaking now, but it won't take long before they do and the labor bill will probably be the same amount for the clutch replacement.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    if your transaxle is not exhibiting any symptoms or problems, you might be better off with that one instead of an unknown condition used (surplus) one. clutch set is an expendable set of components: clutch plate, throw out bearing (clutch release bearing), pilot bearing and pressure plate. as with other operations, while the related parts are exposed ( rear crankshaft seal, transaxle input shaft seal), it would be a very wise decision to include them in the maintenance procedure. the seals might not be leaking now, but it won't take long before they do and the labor bill will probably be the same amount for the clutch replacement.
    sir, the only symptom is the course sound produced whenever i step on the pedal.. a friend of mine told me that he had the same problem with his honda city before and had the same symptom as mine.. any idea sir on how much will it cost me?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    sir, the only symptom is the course sound produced whenever i step on the pedal.. a friend of mine told me that he had the same problem with his honda city before and had the same symptom as mine.. any idea sir on how much will it cost me?

that is a very common and possible symptom after having driven or fording through flooded streets. if the clutch is not slipping yet and the odometer is below 100'000 kilometers, just bear with the noise. just be prepared for the clutch, oil seals replacement though

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    that is a very common and possible symptom after having driven or fording through flooded streets. if the clutch is not slipping yet and the odometer is below 100'000 kilometers, just bear with the noise. just be prepared for the clutch, oil seals replacement though
    is loosing traction when cruising at high speed a sign of slipping clutch, sir? i encounter loosing traction at certain times, sir..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    is loosing traction when cruising at high speed a sign of slipping clutch, sir? i encounter loosing traction at certain times, sir..

if you have the funds and the convenience for it, have your clutch checked or replaced for peace of mind. it is disturbing and makes you paranoid driving your car. remember murphy's law. the car breaks when you least expect it.