New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mga nissan gurus ask ko lang po kung ano pinaka magandang spark plugs for nissan cefiro 2.0 engine stock. currently nakalagay is bosch platinum ok lang po ba ito? i've read na maganda daw ang NGK totoo po ba ito?
    thanx po sa mga magrereply.:question:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    nissan gallery requires platinum, it cost a lot compared to ngk,. now im using NGK R coz walang available platinum for cefiro nun time i change oil.
    i read that platinum has a better mileage, though expensive,.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    the stock cefiro plugs are ngk laser platinums. it will not give you better mileage but only a longer lifespan. the stock cefiro plugs (laser platinums) will last for 100k kms.however due to price constraints on the stock laser platinums, you can opt to use ngk g-power platinum tipped plugs. it only cost 1/3 the price of the laser platinum but it will only last for 25k-30k kms. heck you can even use the ngk v-power copper plugs, but it should be used for 10k kms max. the reason casa insists on the pricier platinums is the difficulty in replacing the plugs, which is a myth. it is very easy to replace the plugs on the cefiro, you only need an extension of at least 1ft to the plug socket to reach the plugs.goodluck.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ngk G-power should be more than enough..
    for me, mas okay magpalit ng mas often ng spark plugs than spend on high-end stock plugs ng cefiro na mas matagal palitan. same ren almost ng cost eh.

!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} *page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    For reference, here are the codes:

OEM NGK plugs: pfr5g-11 (cost 660 each from the dealer, 3960 for six)
    Standard NGK Platinum plugs: bkr5egp (between 200-250 a piece) Plug replacement costs just 150 at a gas station

Complexities? The rubber end of the coil would tend to stick to the old plug when removing. this happened to one of the back-row plugs when I had mine replaced last year. The mechanic had to use a pair of tweezers and spent nearly an hour trying to get it off.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, best would be the PFR's as mentioned; if you use the BKR plugs, go for the BKREGP and gap it to 1.1 ( the "- 11" on the stock plugs means it has a 1.1 gap); the 6E's have a higher heat range over the 5E's and is more resistant to detonation or "tope" which is a common enemy of the VQ engine.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    IMO, best would be the PFR's as mentioned; if you use the BKR plugs, go for the BKREGP and gap it to 1.1 ( the "- 11" on the stock plugs means it has a 1.1 gap); the 6E's have a higher heat range over the 5E's and is more resistant to detonation or "tope" which is a common enemy of the VQ engine.
    I bought a 2001 CEFIRO ELITE last week. Whats the best replacement sparkplugs for my cefiro? May tiyope kasi sa acceleration and the car sometimes "shudders".I had it serviced( replaced all the ignition coils,timing chain,change oil,filters may mga pinalitan pa iba, spent 33K!), so sparkplugs na lang.Nag tanong ako sa casa ang mahal pala! Bakit ganun kamahal ang sparkplugs ng cefiro.Sabi naman nung isang friend ko huwag daw ako gumamit ng iba kasi yung sa kanya nag " check engine".Sabi ng casa mali daw yung sparkplug na nilagay nya.Any suggestions?..Thanks

cefiro spark plugs