New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I see...what might be the best thing to do so this does not happen? Reporgram the key/s (I have two NATS keys and it happens to both of them). Would a consult-ii scan detect the problem?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir oj88

My barkada has the same problem as this, he has been using his cefiro for a month then suddenly it stalled. He had it checked sa nissan sabe di na nga orig ang suse and need the orig one from nissan and needs to be reprogrammed. Medyo mahal, will cost about 15T

I was wondering if there is anyway to circumvent this. The last time the car was checked, di na nga nag iistart and the electrician told us that it is cutting the fuel line. Puro redondo na lang cia.

Is there a way to deactivate the demobiliser? thanks.

Aappreciate your help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Immobilizer is not the same as the alarm. Although, they're both used for theft prevention, they however serve two different functions.

Alarms are primarily used to prevent unauthorized entry into the vehicle.

On the other hand, immobilizers are used to prevent usage of the vehicle, even if the thief has an exact physical duplicate of the original key. Immobilizers makes use of transponders hidden inside the original key's handle. As you turn the ignition key to ON, the vehicle's immobilizer system queries the transponder. The transponder would then respond with the correct code wirelessly. If the wrong code is received or if there's no code at all, the engine will not start.

Some alarms emulate the function of an immobilizer by cutting off the ignition while it is armed.

Here's a short demonstration of how it works:

YouTube - How the Immobilizer Works

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    i think it would be more expensive to take out the system rather than to just buy a new set of keys. as far as i know, the immobilizer system is linked to the engine ECU. the ECU kills the engine or prevents it from starting if the system sends it the wrong key/no immobilizer signal.

So to disable this, you would have to get a key/ignition set and a reprogrammed/new ECU without the immobilizer embedded into it.

i had this same problem with my old N16. engine stalled, wouldn't start, got stuck in our garage. mechanics could not trace the problem to anywhere until it was diagnosed with CONSULT and traced the problem to the key with a defective transponder. Cost something like 15-20k to replace the key and the ignition switch.

i'm thinking lang, baka rin possible kung lalagyan na lang ng aftermarket start/stop switch? i haven't seen how this works though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
cefiro engine warning light blinks