New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    To all my fellow tsikotero,
    Would you please give me an idea what are the possible causes of the oil coming out from my muffler, I have a Nissan 3.0DD Diesel engine and recently I had a problem with my turbo but I can't find a replacement here in our country so I decided to import it , while I am waiting for that replacement I always run the engine daily to prevent it from stocking up but I noticed that the engine oil is coming out from the muffler, would this be due to the worn out turbo?
    Furthermore, anybody knows a reliable turbo installer where I can get to install my newly imported turbo?
    I would highly appreciate if you can assist me on this problem of mine. Thank you

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jisabel View Post
    Would you please give me an idea what are the possible causes of the oil coming out from my muffler, I have a Nissan 3.0DD Diesel engine and recently I had a problem with my turbo but I can't find a replacement here in our country so I decided to import it , while I am waiting for that replacement I always run the engine daily to prevent it from stocking up but I noticed that the engine oil is coming out from the muffler, would this be due to the worn out turbo?
    Furthermore, anybody knows a reliable turbo installer where I can get to install my newly imported turbo?
    I would highly appreciate if you can assist me on this problem of mine. Thank you

Could be "blow by". Affected parts are usually the piston ring, causing loss compression and power, and valve seals, hence the oil at the tail pipe. Someways to check this are, if you're adding more oil in between change oils; another one when the engine is at normal operating temperature, if mist of oil is spewing when removing the oil dipstick while engine is at idle, and when white or blue smoke is billowing in your tailpipe. My rig, a '95 Nissan Patrol Safari had this symptoms a year ago when i accidentally poured 4 more liters of oil more than needed causing my pitons to gunk up and valve seals to leak. My trusted mechanic told me "may konting blow by pero kaya pang hilutin ng additives, kasi di basta basta bibigay ang makina nyan". HTH

Francisco "Armie" Catalan

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jisabel View Post

The oil could be coming from the turbo itself. The turbo bearing seals might have worn out and oil used to lubricate the bearing is leaking out into the turbine side and into the exhaust pipe. The only way to know for sure is to physically check the turbo but given you are already planning to replace it, it might be worth waiting for the new turbo to arrive first.

As for a shop capable to install your new turbo, I think SPEEDLAB or SPEEDYFIX can handle that.

SPEEDLAB SPEEDLAB | The Science of Speed

SPEEDYFIX Speedyfix Manila

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    If your rig is a GU Patrol (Y61) (ZD30DDTi) or if it's a Nissan Homy Elgrand (E50) with the same engine, this may help for future troubleshooting http://users.on.net/~aschulze/ZD30/Z...t%20-%20BW.pdf

Cause of Oil Coiming out from Muffler