New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    They should bring in a mix of Renault and Nissan (JDM and USDM) models out here to revive the Nissan image. If Lexus proved successful out here, maybe Infiniti could also do it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    They should bring in a mix of Renault and Nissan (JDM and USDM) models out here to revive the Nissan image. If Lexus proved successful out here, maybe Infiniti could also do it.
    The Infiniti Q45 and Infiniti QX4 suv were released locally. Both didn't sell in any significant number. Poor marketing on Nissan's part.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Infiniti Q45 and Infiniti QX4 suv were released locally. Both didn't sell in any significant number. Poor marketing on Nissan's part.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    2013 din ilalabas ang juke di ba? o matatagalan pa? para sakin pangit din yun. pero para sa iba maganda

- - - Updated - - -

2013 din ilalabas ang juke di ba? o matatagalan pa? para sakin pangit din yun. pero para sa iba maganda

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Sayang as they have great cars and i can vouch for the quality and performance of Nissan vehicles overall.
    +1 ako dito

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    plus 1 sa mga nasabi ni sir Vinj and just my opinion di ko naman nilalahat, pero as long na may pinoy habol eh resale value plus the worry mahal ang parts kahit ano ilagay ng nissan dyan di mabibili, bright side lang having a nissan is di ganun ka ganun worried kapag issue eh carnapping plus iporma mo ang nissan magugulat sila maganda wala masyado kahawig unlike ng madaming kaparehong sasakyan kahit itodo porma mo meron at meron un iba nagkaiba lang kayo sa plate number...ive used 3 nissan cars na wala masyado headache na binigay a solid car talaga same as ng ibang brands nasa pag aalaga yan

- - - Updated - - -

plus 1 sa mga nasabi ni sir Vinj and just my opinion di ko naman nilalahat, pero as long na may pinoy habol eh resale value plus the worry mahal ang parts kahit ano ilagay ng nissan dyan di mabibili, bright side lang having a nissan is di ganun ka ganun worried kapag issue eh carnapping plus iporma mo ang nissan magugulat sila maganda wala masyado kahawig unlike ng madaming kaparehong sasakyan kahit itodo porma mo meron at meron un iba nagkaiba lang kayo sa plate number...ive used 3 nissan cars na wala masyado headache na binigay a solid car talaga same as ng ibang brands nasa pag aalaga yan

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    The issues plaguing Nissan:

1. Separate operations and marketing for the UVs and passenger cars - UMC vs NMPI - so who decides which company sells what here?
    2. Chicken and egg business situation, which I think the Yulon people ask: "Why invest in marketing and product resources if sales are poor?" Questions the Pinoys ask Yulon (IMO): "How can we sell more if we don't have enough marketing and product resources?"
    3. Mother company Yulon would rather concentrate in markets where the business is bright - Taiwan, rather than bang their heads in a small volume country like the PH and get low ROI.

But generally, mas pangit ang styling ng Nissan in the main segments, even abroad. Examples:

1. Sentra vs. Civic, Elantra, Altis, Lancer
    2. Altima vs. Accord, Camry, Sonata

I've had the opportunity to drive an Altima and Sentra in the US on 2 separate trips. The rental price was attractive. Both are good cars, perform well and have decent fuel economy. Good rational choices but they won't stir your emotions. Kaya malakas lang sa rental, and not something you'd like to display in your garage for the neighbors to see.

Aside from marketing and product planning, Nissan has to hire a great design and styling team that will redefine the look of their vehicles across all segments, not just in one or two models. If Kia and Hyundai merely evolved their styling and not radically change it, I don't think they'd be as successful as they are now, even if they were more aggressive in marketing, product development and distribution.
    Last edited by JackFlash; January 9th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

I've had the opportunity to drive an Altima and Sentra in the US on 2 separate trips. The rental price was attractive. Both are good cars, perform well and have decent fuel economy. Good rational choices but they won't stir your emotions. Kaya malakas lang sa rental, and not something you'd like to display in your garage for the neighbors to see.
    The Altima is the second best selling passenger car in the US. That's a lot of cars not being displayed in garages! NOT!

Nissan Altima Sets Sales Record, Crosses 4 Million Unit Mark

The new pathfinder is a solid looking SUV ...certainly looks a lot better than the aged X-Trail.

Car buyers are looking for alternatives in the SUV market. People are tired of the Fortuner/Montero Sport choices. If Nissan plays it right and prices the Pathfinder just below its main competition with hi-tech options, it could have a hit on its hands. Much like how the Montero overtook the Fortuner when it hit the market.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

1. Separate operations and marketing for the UVs and passenger cars - UMC vs NMPI - so who decides which company sells what here?
    2. Chicken and egg business situation, which I think the Yulon people ask: "Why invest in marketing and product resources if sales are poor?" Questions the Pinoys ask Yulon (IMO): "How can we sell more if we don't have enough marketing and product resources?"
    3. Mother company Yulon would rather concentrate in markets where the business is bright - Taiwan, rather than bang their heads in a small volume country like the PH and get low ROI.

But generally, mas pangit ang styling ng Nissan in the main segments, even abroad. Examples:

1. Sentra vs. Civic, Elantra, Altis, Lancer
    2. Altima vs. Accord, Camry, Sonata

Aside from marketing and product planning, Nissan has to hire a great design and styling team that will redefine the look of their vehicles across all segments, not just in one or two models. If Kia and Hyundai merely evolved their styling and not radically change it, I don't think they'd be as successful as they are now, even if they were more aggressive in marketing, product development and distribution.

The Altima is the second best selling passenger car in the US for 2012 so Nissan is doing something right across the Ocean.

The new Pathfinder looks great and fits well in the SUV market here in the Philippines.

If the local Nissan Importer introduces the Pathfinder here locally and price it very competetively against the Fortuner and Montero Sport, they could have a sleeper hit just like what the Montero Sport did against the Fortuner.

Local buyers are looking for SUV alternatives. They want a new SUV that's not a Montero or a Fortuner..just look at the response to the Trailblazer.

But based on history and experience, the Pathfinder will probably get introduced and priced ridiculously thus leading to another failure.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

medyo disagree sir. hindi naman resale value ang number 1. like ranger at trailblazer hindi naman kataasan resale value ng ford at chevy pero pila talaga tong unit na to. marami pa rin nga nagqquestion sa service ng chevy e. pero dagsa pa rin sa trailblazer. add hyundai to that. malaking factor talaga ang price at syempre porma.

but yes. reliable naman ang nissan e. ewan ko lang bakit ang baba ng resale value. pati mazda ganyan din

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ponkan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

medyo disagree sir. hindi naman resale value ang number 1. like ranger at trailblazer hindi naman kataasan resale value ng ford at chevy pero pila talaga tong unit na to. marami pa rin nga nagqquestion sa service ng chevy e. pero dagsa pa rin sa trailblazer. add hyundai to that. malaking factor talaga ang price at syempre porma.

but yes. reliable naman ang nissan e. ewan ko lang bakit ang baba ng resale value. pati mazda ganyan din

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bakit ang pangit ng Nissan?