New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I mean, why are the current offerings of Nissan staid and bland compared to what they offer the rest of the world? WHere's the versa? altima? leaf? Qashgai?

The new commercials for Almera were being shot inside our village today. I wasn't impressed with it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Pangit na wala pang resale value....

- - - Updated - - -

Pangit na wala pang resale value....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Balikpinoy View Post
    I mean, why are the current offerings of Nissan staid and bland compared to what they offer the rest of the world? WHere's the versa? altima? leaf? Qashgai?

The new commercials for Almera were being shot inside our village today. I wasn't impressed with it.
    It had a lot to do with the takeover of Yulong of NMPI from what I understand. Focus was given to Taiwan market/parts bin models. Prior to that (mid to late 90s), NMPI was doing quite well with it's model line-up; heck we even got the coveted 200sx with the DET model that time.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If its any consolation, UMC still sells the old solid front axle Patrols. the only other suvs I can think of that is still available with a solid front axle would be the Land Rover Defender, Suzuki Jimny and Mercedes G wagen. And oh, the gray market still import the LC 70 series. And it costs more than the Patrol.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Will the new Almera save Nissan?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Di naman pangit yung Nissan as a car manufacturer. Yung local marketing at distribution lang dito sa 'Pinas ang medyo mahina. Sa US, Nissan goes toe-to-toe with the rest of the competition with its various models across different vehicle classes (Versa, Sentra, Altima, Maxima, 370Z, GT-R, Rogue, Murano, Xterra, Pathfinder, Armada, Titan). We have not even included the great cars that Infiniti (which is still Nissan) offers. Maybe Yulong should wake-up and start reevaluating their strategy as they are way lagging in local marketing.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post

Depends... if Nissan would release a follow-up vehicle soon after the release of the Almera.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends... if Nissan would release a follow-up vehicle soon after the release of the Almera.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Di naman pangit yung Nissan as a car manufacturer. Yung local marketing at distribution lang dito sa 'Pinas ang medyo mahina. Sa US, Nissan goes toe-to-toe with the rest of the competition with its various models across different vehicle classes (Versa, Sentra, Altima, Maxima, 370Z, GT-R, Rogue, Murano, Xterra, Pathfinder, Armada, Titan). We have not even included the great cars that Infiniti (which is still Nissan) offers. Maybe Yulong should wake-up and start reevaluating their strategy as they are way lagging in local marketing.

Yulong should sell off their stake in Nissan Philippines and let another group take over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Yulong should sell off their stake in Nissan Philippines and let another group take over.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

I'm pessimistic about this... Nissan needs to do more than just releasing just one model in a segment that's crowded with other great contenders. GH is right that they need to bring another model. It has to be something that breaks the segment for it to be noticed, just as how Hyundai first busted the Japanese controlled Philippine market with the Starex. I think likewise that adding fresh capital to beef up research, marketing and sales, and fresh minds (a new investor?) could help push it forward. Sayang as they have great cars and i can vouch for the quality and performance of Nissan vehicles overall.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pessimistic about this... Nissan needs to do more than just releasing just one model in a segment that's crowded with other great contenders. GH is right that they need to bring another model. It has to be something that breaks the segment for it to be noticed, just as how Hyundai first busted the Japanese controlled Philippine market with the Starex. I think likewise that adding fresh capital to beef up research, marketing and sales, and fresh minds (a new investor?) could help push it forward. Sayang as they have great cars and i can vouch for the quality and performance of Nissan vehicles overall.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    na jinx na Phil Nissan
    Last edited by dfopiso; January 8th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Bakit ang pangit ng Nissan?