The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    here are some things you can do to improve fuel consumption:

1. pa-tune up
    2. make sure tires are properly inflated
    3. be gentle on the gas pedal
    4. weight reduction - tanggalin ang mga bagay na di naman importante/ ginagamit sa trunk

btw.. best way to check your fuel consumption is to:
    1. fill your tank up (full tank).
    2. set your trip meter to "0".
    3. drive.
    4. next time you fill-up (full tank again) take note of how many liters of gas is needed until your tank is full. you can use this info together with your trip meter's reading to compute your fuel consumption.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy81 View Post
    siguro try to change the normal step of driving an A/T,ako kasi nalalakasan din sa gas ng civic ex 2003 A/T din.dati lagi akong sagad sa floor pag take off ko para matulin at mag change to hi gear. nasa 3500 pataas ang rpm lalo na pag ako ang nasa unahan sa traffic lite. sinubukan kong bahagya lng tapakan ang gas pedal palakas ng palakas hangang maabot ang tamang rpm to go sa next gear,ok din at mas matipid siya ngayon.medyo mabagal lng sa arangkada.ang hirap lng kasi sa PINAS pag nag ka space sa harapan mo sisingitan ka,kaya dapat mabilis kang makasunod sa sinusundan mo,dito sa U.S bihira lng ang sumisingit.any way, try mo lng baka makatulong yan and good luck.
    Oo nga minsan gigil ako sa gas lalo na pag gusto ko ng acceleration. Lalo na pag naramdaman ko na nagshift na yung parang napaatras yung katawan ko sa upuan

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun25 View Post
    here are some things you can do to improve fuel consumption:

1. pa-tune up
    2. make sure tires are properly inflated
    3. be gentle on the gas pedal
    4. weight reduction - tanggalin ang mga bagay na di naman importante/ ginagamit sa trunk

btw.. best way to check your fuel consumption is to:
    1. fill your tank up (full tank).
    2. set your trip meter to "0".
    3. drive.
    4. next time you fill-up (full tank again) take note of how many liters of gas is needed until your tank is full. you can use this info together with your trip meter's reading to compute your fuel consumption.
    My tires is at 30psi but shifted to 25 kasi masyado daw matigas ang 30. Parang ayaw ko ng 25 kasi parang umaalog yung sasakyan.

Weight reduction? wala po laman yung car baka siguro ako ang kailangan mag weight reduction hehe kulang sa lakad tinamad na kasi nasanay sa kotse

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just have your car tuned-up. change spark plugs, change the fuel filter and air filter. also have your alignment checked.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    25psi? no wonder malakas sa gas. Stick to 31-33 if you wanna save fuel. Hindi naman matigas yun, tama lang.

Check mo rin (Intake) Air filter baka barado na. That's usually the culprit most people forget.

If you drive fast, do as much coasting as much as possible. That's the secret in saving gas when driving an automatic. Dapat smooth ang driving, if you are too harsh with the accelerator, you'll end up wasting too much fuel.

Drive at top speed (if you can handle it) once in a while (to clean up the system).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sobrang lakas nga try mo yung tip ni blaksun sa pag check ng gas mileage

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Geez... 25 psi? That's not only bad for fuel economy, it's bad for your tire's service life, as it stresses the sidewalls more. For 14-15" tires on the Sentra, 28-32 is your best bet... fill up to 32-35, and if it's too stiff for you, go back down to around 30.

For that year of Nissan, you need to clean out your MAF and throttlebody. You also need to check that the TPS is disconnected when you do any adjustments to the ignition timing, otherwise, it won't stick.

Also... how long is your trip? It's 16 kilometers, yes, but how many minutes? If it's still taking you one hour, despite being a short trip, then low speed driving and stop-and-go situations (traffic lights) are eating up your gas... though I'd expect you to at least get 6-7 km/l in a situation like that.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Geez... 25 psi? That's not only bad for fuel economy, it's bad for your tire's service life, as it stresses the sidewalls more. For 14-15" tires on the Sentra, 28-32 is your best bet... fill up to 32-35, and if it's too stiff for you, go back down to around 30.

For that year of Nissan, you need to clean out your MAF and throttlebody. You also need to check that the TPS is disconnected when you do any adjustments to the ignition timing, otherwise, it won't stick.

Also... how long is your trip? It's 16 kilometers, yes, but how many minutes? If it's still taking you one hour, despite being a short trip, then low speed driving and stop-and-go situations (traffic lights) are eating up your gas... though I'd expect you to at least get 6-7 km/l in a situation like that.
    I will take your advice. Maybe i will just stick to 30psi
    What is MAF? ignition timing? is this with the spark plugs?

This is base from my trip. It usually takes me 45mins. Sunday morning at edsa going to makati were the traffic is usually low.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    So here is my plan.

Change oil: Shell helix plus 10w40 from castrol gts 20w50 (Havoline Energy if possible because of its viscosity rating)
    Spark Plugs: NGK or Denso
    Oil filter: VIC
    Fuel Filter: VIC
    Air Filter:
    Radiator Flush: Pre-mixed
    Camber and Wheel Alignment
    Throttle valve assembly cleaning
    Greasing
    Change of drain plug and gasket

Ignition timing adjustment
    Grounded Check
    Brake check
    ATF/brake fluid check
    battery Check
    Timing chain/belt check
    tires at 30psi

Did i missed anything?
    The trunk in clean. it only contains a jack, some tools, CCD, QD and MF cloth
    thank you very much for all of the replies

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mau2485 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Paki check naman kung tama. My car is nissan sentra ex saloon AT 98 model.

My distance from my house to the office is 16km
    i gas up 250php balikan na yun sabihin na natin na 40php/liter

250php/(40php/liter) = 6.25liters in 32 km kasi balikan

Mga 5.12km/liter? tama ba? parang ang lakas naman at sa gas
    For a car with a 1400 engine kahit na A/T transmission, matakaw nga ang konsumo. Since it is already more than 10 years old, better have your mechanic checked it thoroughly. Kumbaga e general checkup.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mau2485 View Post
    I will take your advice. Maybe i will just stick to 30psi
    What is MAF? ignition timing? is this with the spark plugs?

This is base from my trip. It usually takes me 45mins. Sunday morning at edsa going to makati were the traffic is usually low.
    45 minutes... thus, around 20-22 km/h average trip speed... best economy is if your average speed per trip is closest to 40-60 km/h. Your time indicates you spend a lot of time at stoplights. Still, you should be getting better economy if your car is in better condition.

Most fun way to calculate fuel economy? Weekend trip to Subic. Cruising at 80 km/h on the NLEX should ideally give you between 14-18 km/l on an automatic-equipped compact.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ang lakas ata sa gas. Please Check my fuel consumption