New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sige po i will note that and check on that. Salamat po!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown_specie View Post
    parang may pwedeng i adjust dun sa valve para macontrol amount ng gas na papasok sa intake, not sure exactly kung ano tawag pero malapit lang siya air filter at sa sensor. Not sure though kung related yun pero sa pagkakasabi lang sakin isa daw yun sa pwede galawin to moderate yung flow ng gas to match the air. Again, not sure po, baka lang may mabrought up na idea based on those.
    Anu kayang tawag dun sa inaadjust na yun??

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gurus,

Tanong ko lang po, kase napansin ko karamihan nasa 30psi ang tire pressure, pero naging practice ko po kase is sundin yun nakasulat sa driver side sa tabi ng seatbelt na 29psi lang daw (with enumerated proper measurements ng tires na gamit),

Is it safe ba kung mag 30psi ako? or mag stick na lang ako sa 29psi? I'm currently doing 7-8KML city/ 10-12KML highway

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's safe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's safe.
    Thanks,

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by g33kt3 View Post
    Gurus,

Tanong ko lang po, kase napansin ko karamihan nasa 30psi ang tire pressure, pero naging practice ko po kase is sundin yun nakasulat sa driver side sa tabi ng seatbelt na 29psi lang daw (with enumerated proper measurements ng tires na gamit),

Is it safe ba kung mag 30psi ako? or mag stick na lang ako sa 29psi? I'm currently doing 7-8KML city/ 10-12KML highway
    When running over hot road or asphalt the tire pressure increases to as much as 8psi (normally 4-6 psi). So imagine mo yung 30psi mo aakyat to 38psi kapag matagal na tumatakbo ka sa mainit na aspalto o cemento. Loading it with nitrogen (Petron is the cheapest place so far. At meron pa sila lifetime free re-loading nitrogen) won't raise the psi that high (normally 2-3psi lang). Plus at 38psi you will feel even the smallest stone or chip.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    When running over hot road or asphalt the tire pressure increases to as much as 8psi (normally 4-6 psi). So imagine mo yung 30psi mo aakyat to 38psi kapag matagal na tumatakbo ka sa mainit na aspalto o cemento. Loading it with nitrogen (Petron is the cheapest place so far. At meron pa sila lifetime free re-loading nitrogen) won't raise the psi that high (normally 2-3psi lang). Plus at 38psi you will feel even the smallest stone or chip.
    in designing the tire, the manufacturer already dialed in the increase in tire pressure vis-a-vis the increased working tire temperature. you don't really have to do anything about it. remember also, car care instructions emphasize tire pressures be set before the tires heat up in driving, not after a long drive when tires are hot. and we are allowed a 10% increase in cool tire pressure to play with when we load up in air..
    personally, i find the use of nitrogen an overkill, in everyday driving.
    you'll probably be ahead if you were to spend the nitrogen money for the services of a good mechanic. besides, everyone knows you get better fuel mileage with higher tire pressures. heh heh.
    but that's just me.
    they also say the sentra body is heavier than the competition, hence the increased fuel consumption. but i'm not too sure...
    but hey! it's a 15 year old design. it ain't fair to demand it to be as fuel miserly as newer cars.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Ang lakas ata sa gas. Please Check my fuel consumption